Hitch option for cargo carriers
    Go To Post #1
A hitch option on the back or sides seems like it might be useful for a golf club carrier, bike rack, cooler carrier or enclosed carrier.  There are hitch attachment solutions already available that Arcimoto can leverage.
    Go To Post #1
Welcome shome. Arcimoto has one of their in-house engineers designing various carrier and storage options.  They mentioned on their Facebook Page that there will be a hitch option for towing a small trailer.  The SRK  is going to be one functional FUV.

Go To Post #1
I did not see the hitch as an option on pdf page 18 of the 1-A offering so I thought I would ask. I see a bike or surfboard rack, golf bag or luggage holder as bolt-on accessories. A search for hitch comes up empty in the pdf.
    Go To Post #1
The hitch option was first mentioned a few days ago in response to the question on their Facebook Page. Perhaps it was you that asked the question? It sounds like it will be added to the options list sometime down the road.

Go To Post #1
If you pulled a trailer with a generator, around 15 kW, you could have unlimited range at 40-45 mph. Not very useful for everyday use, but it might be useful from time to time.
    Go To Post #1
Wouldn't a 6 kW generator suffice (isn't that the max input allowed via the charge socket)?
    Go To Post #1
Good point. I don't have a spec for the maximum power for the charger on the SRK. 6 kW would power it at 30-35 mph.
    Go To Post #1
I cannot see myself pulling a trailer of any type using the Arcimoto. Nor would I pull a generator. Thinking about it, a spare battery that I could plug into a hitch electrical connection would give me a little more confidence in case I was stranded. I don't see that as likely but a spare battery would be good insurance when I forget to recharge.

A hitch without an electrical connection would allow me to use my existing carrier solutions rather than buy an Arcimoto-only solution. A hundred pounds of stuff off the hitch would be plenty for me. I may have to fab my own hitch without electrical for my 2018 SRK.
    Go To Post #1
I don't anticipate my chances of being stranded in my FUV any more likely than in my SUV.  If it happens in either vehicle I'm confident AAA Roadside assisstance will come to my rescue.   The SRK's cargo platform or cargo box will handle all of my carrier solution needs.

I can't imagine pulling a trailer behind a limited 70-130 mile range electric commuter motorcycle.  The SRK will most likely be a supplement to the family car/pickup for most market demographics.

Go To Post #1
I think the best thing is to forget about the hitch option and use the SRK for what it is best at. I can get across town on the Interstate, speed limit 60 mph, but at that speed I calculate the range to be 27 miles for the base battery. That won't get me to the next town, but it will serve all my local needs. Yesterday I went hiking two mountains over, and measured the trip distance and altitude. The SRK could make that trip easily, even with the base battery. Going down the mountain it would recover some of the energy spent going up. At 80 mph I calculate the range to be 16 miles with the base battery. That would be good to get through a short piece of Interstate but no use for a road trip.