Poll: Tesla's stock made some people rich. Electra Meccanica's stock is on the rise. What are your feelings about Arcimoto's stock?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm in! I'm a proud FUV shareholder.
81.25%
13 81.25%
I'm planning on buying some stock soon.
0%
0 0%
It's on the market? I'll give it some thought.
6.25%
1 6.25%
No way! Not the least bit interested.
6.25%
1 6.25%
What the heck is FUV stock?
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Stock Poll
    Go To Post #1
Wow. Ok, my "dangerous" comment was taken wrong by everyone. It applied to the previous sentence about motorcycles. The two-wheeled variety, which I do so love to ride. I see that "two-wheeled" was implied, so my apologies for giving the wrong impression. The two wheeled variety of vehicle is dangerous. I've been riding for 32 years. I've taken more chances, set land-speed records (among friends), and done things that should have landed me six feet under, many times over. Are there careful riders out there? Absolutely. Still, the vehicle architecture is simply more vulnerable to circumstance.

You can be a great motorcycle rider, and its still dangerous compared to a 4-wheeled vehicle. That begs the question, where does a reverse trike fit in? The platform is stable, moreso than a trike. Maybe less so than a 4-wheeled vehicle, but I'll have to personally determine that for myself. Summarily, the reverse-trike architecture of the SRK is infinitely more stable and safe than a two-wheeled vehicle. Period. That is why I am so invested in Arcimoto. Above all the other trikes going to (or not making it to) market, Arcimoto is heads and tails above all. The only point of question someone could raise is the open-air riding position of the passengers, but if that bothers you, the Arcimoto isn't for you. Or at least, you need to give it a chance.

For me, the all-electric drivetrain is a huge bonus. Honestly, if it came to an all-electric Solo vs. an ICE SRK, I would still choose the SRK. I care about the planet. But I also love motorcycles. To have to choose would be painful, but I would need a fun vehicle to offset the utilitarian nature of the car and truck. As long as the ICE was hugely economic (like the Elio was purported to be), I could live with that. To have both fun and all-electric is a jackpot.
    Go To Post #1
As I have mentioned before, stability of 3 wheels vs 4 wheels depends on track and weight distribution. The trike can be just as stable as the 4 wheeler. The tadpole configuration is most stable in a turning while braking situation, like trying to avoid hitting something.

The biggest thing about vehicle safety is the roll cage and the harness. Open-sided or covered makes no difference at all. Sheet metal or fiberglass is like tissue paper in a crash. But nothing is invulnerable, and defensive driving counts for more than most other things. I have been driving motorcycles for 59 years and never got in a real tight situation, but there have been lots of situations that would have been tight or even fatal if I wasn't watching out for the other guy.
    Go To Post #1
59 YEARS! I'll be riding a motorcycle for the first time after taking delivery of my SRK and Idaho's motorcycle safety test. Smile The SRK's front and rear crumple zones add a margin of safety.

Go To Post #1
Since I've never been on a trike, much less a reverse trike, I'm really looking forward to testing the stability theory!! My big question remains what will it take to break the back end loose. I like to test limits!

I would think open sided makes a safety difference. Say, two vehicles near the SRK crash. The uninvolved SRK driver could be susceptible to flying debris or fluids. I've seen uninvolved bikers hit by flying debris, smoke, dirt, etc. Again, with the stable SRK platform, this would be much less of an issue. Even if I get hit by something, I ain't falling over.
    Go To Post #1
What does everyone think of the idea of a "crumple zone" ourcropping between the rider's leg(s) and the passenger's leg(s).
I agree with the statement about the SRK's roll cage and enclosure skin being like tissue paper.
And I think that would apply to such an outcropping in a high speed t-bone.

But I think a really hefty and well designed hunk o' metal strategically placed might save a few legs in lower speed encounters.
Even on a bike, the bike is going to give (again with the characteristics of two wheels) more in a side impact.
And on many bikes, legs are ~tucked into some minor stuff that might give them a chance.

But on the SRK, all the offending vehicle has before it hits a whole lot of battery and steel, is just a tad of that tissue paper pole and your leg.

Wouldn't take much to design and install. I'd sure feel a lot better with a form fitting protrusion there, even if it only helped in low speed impacts.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Thank you, Dale for your compassionate interest in the protection of my family heirlooms. But, at over eighty years of age, I still only own two competition motorbikes (but no car), and am really past caring about the danger involved (especially in that region). If smoking, the Army, parachuting, flying a taildragger, or anything else hasn´t killed me, it´s about time that something did. So I would, at a pinch, be prepared to put up with driving a three wheeler. But I still cannot agree that adding a fourth wheel would not add much (or anything) to the cost of production. And would certainly make the vehicle more stable. At present, the only reason for designing a three wheeler is the simplified classification within the condfines of an internationally agreed classification.

Even if you believe that a three wheeler is as safe as a vehicle with four wheels, I am sure you will agree that the Myers/Electrameccanica design with a single powered rear wheel will almost certainly be inclined to ground loop as soon as power is applied on a slippery surface in a turn.
    Go To Post #1
I'm not against something that prevents even a minor intrusion. My motorcycles all had trunks or sissy bars. I could never ride a bobber for fear of being rear-ended, and someone's front bumper coming up over the rear tire and impacting my back. At least I had "minor stuff" to help. But again, the SRK is a motorcycle, and that cannot be forgotten. We are taking chances when any part of our body is exposed. For instance, I would consider a convertible to be a good bit more dangerous than a fully enclosed car. If, in the future, there is a demand for change, they'll have to listen. Or, they could offer a separate model with more framework, like the Gen 7. My sentiment remains, "It is what it is". I know exactly what I'm purchasing, with all its risks and rewards.

Paravil: I whole-heartedly agree. These two videos sum up my opinion of rear- vs. front-drive in the snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJqvaKzRS8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQRktJtrgHs

I can't wait for some personal product testing!! The only downside right now is the SRK has a regular car tire in the back, but narrow car tires up front. That could impact its ability to move through snow.
    Go To Post #1
You guys are missing the point about side impact protection. The roll bars on the side of the SRK are excellent protection - better than most cars can provide. The curvature of the bars carries impact forces around the passengers to the top and bottom. Sheet metal (like a car door) doesn't do much to prevent intrusion, but it might be smashed against you and trap you. That is why car doors have structural beams inside them, but those probably aren't even as robust as the SRK roll bars. If you get T-boned, the light weight of the SRK might even help, because you will be pushed aside rather than have the side caved in against you.

Cropdusting used to be a very dangerous occupation. OK, it is still somewhat dangerous. But when purpose-built aircraft replaced military surplus aircraft, they were designed with steel tube fuselages,crumple zones, and heavier tubing in the cockpit area. Pilots can walk away from most crashes. This is similar to the SRK construction.
    Go To Post #1
This morning it was 34F but the road was dry. So I put on an extra fleece and took the motorcycle to work. It doesn't have a windshield or heated handgrips or a heated seat. So it would have to be colder than that before I would want side covers for an SRK.

Like the story about the guy whose wife asked him to mow the lawn. He said it was too darn cold. Then he went and got his golf clubs. When she confronted him he said it was too darn cold for mowing the lawn, but for golf it was bracing.
    Go To Post #1
I'm a candyass when it comes to heat and cold.  I prefer riding/driving in enclosed climate controlled comfort.......so it's hardshell enclosure for me.  However,  I like the convertible option of removing the panels on the nicest of days for open air rides on the twisty mountain roads.