Arcimoto Manufacturing Plant Grand Opening Celebration
    Go To Post #1
So, I've studied Kepesk's photos a little today, and I don't see any fixtures on the frame that suggest mounting support for the enclosures. Was there any mention of accessories at this launch?
    Go To Post #1
(11-13-2017, 11:16 PM)alexanmh Wrote: Wow Rick, #10. A lucky, and patients man.
I didn't say I had that number, but rather want that number!

Go To Post #1
I'm glad my excessive photo-taking ended up being helpful. I too assume MRK1 stands for Mark. But I didn't ask specifically.

I did not hear mention of enclosures either. Rumor was they weren't sure whether it would be ready to show off in time for the event but that it would be close. So I would imagine we'll hear about it before too long.
    Go To Post #1
Just imagine! Mercedes, BMW, Ford or GM come up with a new model that looks vaguely like an invalid mobility scooter. They take over manufacturing facilities and start production ..... of a vehicle that that has not yet been certified as street legal and has no doors or enclosures (as they have not yet been finalised)! I don´t think I´d be prepared to invest .....
    Go To Post #1
Certified as street legal? I can slap lights, horn and tires on my dirt bike and make it street legal.

Investing is always a risk, and this is no different.

The way I see it is it will replace many motorcycles, golf carts (road legal in many cities), and sub compact cars. I personally intend it to be my daily driver to work, will it replace my truck? of course not, it's not meant to, but it will get me to work and back.
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 01:17 PM)Trik Wrote: Certified as street legal? I can slap lights, horn and tires on my dirt bike and make it street legal.

The way I see it is it will replace many motorcycles, golf carts (road legal in many cities), and sub compact cars. I personally intend it to be my daily driver to work, will it replace my truck? of course not, it's not meant to, but it will get me to work and back.

Negativre ... not where I live! So the SRK´s limited to the US market. But there´s hope for the rest of ius yet .... 

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom...els/mwc-4/
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 05:00 PM)paravil Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 01:17 PM)Trik Wrote: Certified as street legal? I can slap lights, horn and tires on my dirt bike and make it street legal.

Negativre ... not where I live! So the SRK´s limited to the US market. But there´s hope for the rest of ius yet .... 

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom...els/mwc-4/
I am not familiar with international laws on motorcycles but I believe they have expressed interest in international markets.

That looks like an interesting ride, any type of safety info on it?  It does not appear to have a roll cage.
    Go To Post #1
It does have a roll cage (painted silver in thiese photos), 3+2 harness for both passengers, and front crumple zone.
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 10:36 AM)paravil Wrote: Just imagine! Mercedes, BMW, Ford or GM come up with a new model that looks vaguely like an invalid mobility scooter. They take over manufacturing facilities and start production ..... of a vehicle that that has not yet been certified as street legal and has no doors or enclosures (as they have not yet been finalised)! I don´t think I´d be prepared to invest .....
BMW has done it with the C1, but the Arcimoto FUV looks far safer!  The Yamaha Tilter concept will not make it to production and should it happen it will be a rich man's toy and I'll be dead.    

The FUV three wheel motorcycle is manufacturer certified.  Arcimoto plans to do third party verification.  The Arcimoto engineers were well aware of motorcycle certification requirements during the design process of the three wheeler FUV.  Certification and or the future enclosure panels are NOT an issue.  I own a mobility scooter, have driven a golf cart and there is no comparison to the FUV.  Why make it?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 05:20 PM)Kepesk Wrote: It does have a roll cage (painted silver in thiese photos), 3+2 harness for both passengers, and front crumple zone.

Love the photos, Thank you very much.

I apologize if I was not clear but I was referring to the MC4 that was linked, I don't think it has a roll cage.

Yes, I like "FUV's" roll cage and harness system and as of now it is still my favorite pick, it just seems to have the right mix and look for what I think I want.

Just waiting on that test drive Smile