Signature Series
    Go To Post #1
I am signed up for Signature Series #6. I am starting this Thread as a place to inform others about the SS FUV and also learn what others know.   I am not totally in the loop on what is happening but I did have some recent contact and a new update on progress with the SS ones. I had some hopes of getting the FUV before the end of the year. Not happening..   I was told that SS #2 was being completed this week and the other 4 will be Jan/Feb.
If any one else has any info please share.  Rod
    Go To Post #1
(12-13-2017, 05:28 AM)PAX Wrote: I am signed up for Signature Series #6. I am starting this Thread as a place to inform others about the SS FUV and also learn what others know.   I am not totally in the loop on what is happening but I did have some recent contact and a new update on progress with the SS ones. I had some hopes of getting the FUV before the end of the year. Not happening..   I was told that SS #2 was being completed this week and the other 4 will be Jan/Feb.

Maybe you can recap for me Rod.

Are you one of the early investors?
How many SS vehicles are there?
I remember Rick saying something about an initial 6 vehicles for the investors @ ~$46,000 each.
And then a 50 vehicle run after that. I thought that the 50 were the SS...
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
The 50 are the betas.
    Go To Post #1
(12-13-2017, 06:08 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 05:28 AM)PAX Wrote: I am signed up for Signature Series #6. I am starting this Thread as a place to inform others about the SS FUV and also learn what others know.   I am not totally in the loop on what is happening but I did have some recent contact and a new update on progress with the SS ones. I had some hopes of getting the FUV before the end of the year. Not happening..   I was told that SS #2 was being completed this week and the other 4 will be Jan/Feb.

Maybe you can recap for me Rod.

Are you one of the early investors?
How many SS vehicles are there?
I remember Rick saying something about an initial 6 vehicles for the investors @ ~$46,000 each.
And then a 50 vehicle run after that. I thought that the 50 were the SS...

I bought into a SS about a year and half ago . For the record it was $42,000 and we also bought some Arcimoto stock at that time I was lucky and inherited some other stock that was with a company that I could not support even though it was making money like crazy. I was happy to invest in Arcimoto.  We were the six one. The SS are being more or less hand made. The frames and other parts were made by other fabricators and the vehicles put together by Arcimoto people. . As I understand it the next 50 will be at least part production run. Maybe some one can confirm that. Rod
    Go To Post #1
Sometime soon (hopefully) my wife and I will travel to Eugene to pick up our SS FUV.  

I have started making a list of things that I want to know about the machine. A lot of it like  battery size and chemistry, Motor info and controller and charging profile/ best practice should be in a owners manual.  I have certain things written down that I want to know  but I would welcome any other ideas about what do folks in this group want to know.  Some thing will be from the Arcimoto team but other things will be based on my wife's and my experiences with the FUV.

One category is the physical machine.

A second category is handling characteristics- steering, braking 

Third - performance - range  - I will try to keep detailed records -  our first real trip will be 220 miles.

Fourth- what could be improved, modified or added. 

Fifth-?

Thanks for help.
Rod
    Go To Post #1
(01-24-2018, 02:49 AM)PAX Wrote: Sometime soon (hopefully) my wife and I will travel to Eugene to pick up our SS FUV.  

...A second category is handling characteristics- steering, braking...

I've read reviews and seen various videos that say the arcimoto has a vary easy learning curve, but personally as soon as I take delivery of a FUV my plan is to take a basic course on cycle safety (also found a hand book specifically on 3 wheel cycles that describes basic maneuvers)

https://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/3w_tips.pdf

think a 3 wheel safety course would be a good opportunity to see first hand how well the arcimoto stacks up against the Can-Am Spyder, Polaris, etc. and aside from a learning opportunity, figure it would be a place to get feedback as well as exposure that might encourage others to buy into the arcimoto FUV vision
    Go To Post #1

Hi PAX.
Just curious, will you be getting the extended battery option with your SS FUV?

Inquiring Minds.
    Go To Post #1
(04-27-2018, 04:20 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Hi PAX.
Just curious, will you be getting the extended battery option with your SS FUV?

Inquiring Minds.

They are coming out with a new battery and different motors- permanent magnet ones. There were post several months ago ( I could not find them easily)  I don't know the time line on them but I am hoping.  I should find out what I am getting soon. That doesn't really answer your question but the best I can do.
    Go To Post #1
Pax - According to that assembly line photo from the other day, your Sig. Series FUV should be nearing completion very soon. Maybe by the end of this month. Has Arcimoto gave any more info on when you can plan your trip to pick it up?
    Go To Post #1
Jimball- another several weeks at best - maybe a few more.

AAANNNDDD   I just received news that our SS-6- FUV will have the new motors and the new batteries!!!!  That is really awesome news in my opinion.  No idea of range but I bet it will be pretty good unless I go 65 MPH all the time. When I get it I will document as much as I can about performance and mileage.
[+] 6 users Like PAX's post