Factory web cam
    Go To Post #1
(12-26-2017, 05:13 PM)Rickb Wrote: The enclosure panels were in fact planned from the onset a decade ago.  Smart to focus on getting the base Model specs finalized and production ready.   Arcimoto Engineer's are tweaking the finalized enclosure panel design and the quick mount hinges as we speak.  The soft and hardshell panels will be as integrated as an easy on easy off enclosure panel can be.

Thanks for posting, Rick.  I haven't seen that particular rendering before.  Nicely executed design.
    Go To Post #1
It's the latest render from a few months ago.  I bet it's close to the finalized version.   They stated the biggest challenge was engineering a hinge allowing for the quick and convenient attach/detach function.  

One of my favorite features of the FUV is the fact that it is a 'convertible'.  I need enclosure in my climate for year around use and like the idea of open air riding on the nicest of days.

Go To Post #1
I've been a cctv technician for 13 years. Not only do I install cameras in plain sight literally everywhere, but I sneak into buildings in the middle of the night and install pinhole cameras in light fixtures, speakers, fire alarms, motion detectors, etc etc etc. Its the new norm. I use a dashcam everywhere, and am planning to have at least six cameras on my FUV. Cameras in the Arcimoto plant would be normal at this point. Mostly, employees have to petition an employer against having cameras installed. If I were a business owner, I would not make those cameras public for business and insurance purposes.
    Go To Post #1
(01-01-2018, 06:02 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I've been a cctv technician for 13 years.  Not only do I install cameras in plain sight literally everywhere, but I sneak into buildings in the middle of the night and install pinhole cameras in light fixtures, speakers, fire alarms, motion detectors, etc etc etc.  Its the new norm.  I use a dashcam everywhere, and am planning to have at least six cameras on my FUV.  Cameras in the Arcimoto plant would be normal at this point.  Mostly, employees have to petition an employer against having cameras installed.  If I were a business owner, I would not make those cameras public for business and insurance purposes.

Correct me if I'm wrong AC, but you're supposed to get a signature on a release to be able to use anyone's reasonably recognizable image for public display. That also includes individual's houses and/or property. In this age of cell phones and the whole FB mentality, that's pretty much disregarded, but individuals still have the right to sue for cease and desist. There have even been cases where litigants have recovered damages and compensation for people using their, and their property's images. Keep that in mind if you're unhappy with Google Street Maps showing all four sides of your house in high definition. Also, while employees and average citizens don't have much of a legal say in being on camera for most security purposes, it's my understanding that audio surveillance without the subject's permission is still illegal. Law enforcement would be one exception to that.

What really amazes me is when people post other people's images on FB with captions that go something like... "THIS PERSON IS A SWINDLER AND A THIEF! THEY RIPPED ME AND OTHERS OFF FOR $xxx OF DOLLARS!". I've seen quite a few of these on public yard sale sites and shared by other FB members. I've even posted comments on a few of those that the OP needs to be prepared to either prove their claim in court or be prepared to be successfully sued for a large amount of money. Even if the claim is true and the OP can prove it, there's still the legal question of whether the OP made the post with the express intention of doing harm to the subject. Most of the time people don't believe that they've done anything that puts themselves at risk by posting the libelous material. Many out there don't have a single clue on how the world works anymore.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
The world is rapidly changing in the face of social media and politics, not all changes for the better.  Smile  Happy New Year Everybody!