Dual front wheel drive
    Go To Post #1
If the SRK has two identical electric motors, one on each front wheel, how does the inner wheel compensate the speed difference when driving through a curve? If both front wheels were to maintain an identical speed, this would likely lead to excessive tyre wear and/or instability.
    Go To Post #1
(09-17-2016, 01:08 PM)paravil Wrote: If the SRK has two identical electric motors, one on each front wheel, how does the inner wheel compensate the speed difference when driving through a curve? If both front wheels were to maintain an identical speed, this would likely lead to excessive tyre wear and/or instability.
Good question. I saw someone post in one of the many articles I've read in the last week that FWD 3-wheelers without some kind of differential between the front wheels are actually more prone to tipping. I passed the question on to Arcimoto on facebook. We should have an answer soon.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(09-17-2016, 01:08 PM)paravil Wrote: If the SRK has two identical electric motors, one on each front wheel, how does the inner wheel compensate the speed difference when driving through a curve? If both front wheels were to maintain an identical speed, this would likely lead to excessive tyre wear and/or instability.

Got a response from Arcimoto on facebook. Many thanks to them for the link to our site on the page.
"The differential function happens in software, based on the reading of the steering angle sensor." - Arcimoto
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Yeah that's one of the advantages of dual motors. They can be controlled independently through software.
    Go To Post #1
Think the SRK Deliverator might well be my first choice right now
    Go To Post #1
I`ve been looking at the available photos and really would like to know whether the SRK still has two front wheel drive hub motors. Or is there now one central drive. If there are two electric hub motors, what is the gearbox for?
    Go To Post #1
There was never in-hub electric motors specified, but rather twin front wheel drive motors. I have a photo of the SRK's platform but apparently it's to large a file to post.

Go To Post #1
OK ... but would individual front wheel drive electric motors need a gearbox? .... and if so, wouldn´ t it need two?
    Go To Post #1
Not much info forthcoming! Can´t find an answer to my gearbox query. Have clicked through Twitter, Facebook & blog but no new entries. Is anyone at home?
    Go To Post #1
All I know is that they made changes in the Gen 8 gearbox to be used in the Signature Series. 

I'm no engineer, but it seems like the twin motors both have a gearbox.  I can't find a photo or diagram of the EV drive train architecture, but did find this link to the gearbox design and tooling used in the SRK Gen 7.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGYbtd65VM