Hula Holdings
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 04:05 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: You aren't going to forsake the little people for the sake of prestige and a mony grab?  Who are you people?!

The A Team is a group of regular people doing great and good things:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 04:46 PM)Rickb Wrote: The A Team is a group of regular people doing great and good things:

I like it. Just a straight up complement plain and simple.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
So how does all this affect my Signature Series FUV.  Meeting the demands of setting up production seems to be pushing the SS aside.
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 08:57 PM)PAX Wrote: So how does all this affect my Signature Series FUV.  Meeting the demands of setting up production seems to be pushing the SS aside.
Have they provided you with your SS delivery date giving indication that it has been pushed out. I ass.u.med they have multiple teams tooling the AMP, assembling Signature Series, detailing the final enclosure and Deliverator specs, fabricating and stamping out enclosure panels.

Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 08:57 PM)PAX Wrote: So how does all this affect my Signature Series FUV.  Meeting the demands of setting up production seems to be pushing the SS aside.

All this *waves hands* does not affect your SS, Rod. Smile

In all seriousness, the issues presented in this thread are not affecting your build. And Rick is correct that we have teams working in parallel on tooling up manufacture, R&D (mostly fab at this point) on options, and assembly. All while bringing on and training new staff.

The SS build IS going a bit slower than we planned, however. We pushed hard on the build of Mark and Nathan's vehicles in order to meet certain milestones, and are now making a point of methodically stepping through assembly in order to properly document and improve the efficiency of the process, and better prep ourselves for the coming scale-up. Taking a little more time now should streamline the remaining SS builds on through Pilots and scale production, and we hope the rest of the SS come together quickly next month. We are still planning to deliver (or hand over; you're coming down to us, right?) your vehicle in Q1, and would love to have you down in March to observe and participate in your build as you have requested.
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 11:11 PM)Eric Fritz Wrote:

In all seriousness, the issues presented in this thread are not affecting your build. And Rick is correct that we have teams working in parallel on tooling up manufacture, R&D (mostly fab at this point) on options, and assembly. All while bringing on and training new staff.

The SS build IS going a bit slower than we planned, however. We pushed hard on the build of Mark and Nathan's vehicles in order to meet certain milestones, and are now making a point of methodically stepping through assembly in order to properly document and improve the efficiency of the process, and better prep ourselves for the coming scale-up. Taking a little more time now should streamline the remaining SS builds on through Pilots and scale production, and we hope the rest of the SS come together quickly next month. We are still planning to deliver (or hand over; you're coming down to us, right?) your vehicle in Q1, and would love to have you down in March to observe and participate in your build as you have requested.

Thanks Eric,  for update.  Yes I am coming down and will drive it home. and yes I would love to be part of or at least see the build. If not I will have to take it apart when I get home to see what makes it tick[Image: angel.png]  .   Being retired I can come down any time .  My only project is rejuvenating a '93 Dodge Caravan production made electric vehicle. Not many people know about them- very interesting engineering.
    Go To Post #1
(02-15-2018, 11:11 PM)Eric Fritz Wrote:

Eric,  Thanks for be an active FUV forum member.  Your direct responses to questions helps me to provide accurate information to friends and family members I talk with that express interest in the FUV.

Go To Post #1
(02-14-2018, 06:51 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: HULA Holdings and Arcimoto Partner to Create EV Oasis: the “Gas Station” of the Future
HULA Holdings Reserves 100 Arcimoto FUVs for Electric Vehicle Rental Fleet

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2...e-EV-Oasis

yeah, hopefully soon I'll be seeing a number of fun utility vehicles in my home town,...

actually I could use a FUV NOW!!! 

I've dropped back into school (sort of) to learn a new skill at the local community college, basically two days a week I'm taking an ag class on how to prune and take care of fruit tress,... (I'm fortunate in that I have a few properties w/ fruit trees)

anyway parking a car is a PITA (in the San Diego "downtown" area) so I've been going on foot which admittedly isn't all that bad,...  takes about 12 minutes (according to google maps), but if I had FUV (right now) I'd cut down my commute time to 3 minutes (according to google maps) 

also turns out there is lots of parking (according to google maps "in the downtown area") and since I've had my arcimoto reservation in,... noted lots of empty FUV spaces (just waiting to be filled)

www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=138E7lHEp_Yj_263He-_stAnJwKg&hl=en_US

FWIW its going to be interesting to see which three wheel "tourist" vehicle is more popular (just happens there is a company in town that uses a gas powered, three wheel platform)

www.gocartours.com
    Go To Post #1
(02-18-2018, 09:45 PM)ben Wrote: FWIW its going to be interesting to see which three wheel "tourist" vehicle is more popular (just happens there is a company in town that uses a gas powered, three wheel platform)

www.gocartours.com

Yeah, they have these in San Francisco as well. They *look* like fun, BUT they are LOUD and smelly and only have a small engine (50cc! from a Piaggio scooter). Years ago I had the crazy idea to buy one (they sell them used) and take out the 2-stroke engine and put in a small electric and batteries. I mean, they are already street-legal, and it would be a 'fun' project. Then I think about all the down-sides: it would only be an around-town vehicle, with NO cargo space, and NO rain-protection, and would be VERY short-ranged (maybe 15 miles or so) or the battery weight would be prohibitive. AND I have no place to store it (I *wish* I still had that work-shop/garage!) because I would rarely drive it.

The FUV sounds a lot more 'practical' (*not* an adjective my wife thinks fits, but hey.) If I can manage to get one before we both retire, it will be 'grandfathered in' . Big Grin
    Go To Post #1
Just wanted to introduce myself here.  
Hello and thanks to the admins for a great forum.

I've been a reservation holder with Arcimoto for over two years now and a "small" individual investor since the RegA.  As background, I've also served as a San Diego County (the fifth largest county in the nation) Planning Commissioner for eight years along with being a BMW Mini-E & BMW ActiveE prototype pilot for five years starting in 2008, preparing for the 2014 launch of the BMW i3 & BMW i8.  In 2008, we were all kinda wondering if this electric vehicle thing would really stick this time around and there were just a few of us and a few Tesla Roadsters on the road at that time. (much respect to the decade earlier GM EV1 and Rav-4 drivers)   I was wondering can I really drive on sunshine? Well you can and this time It stuck.

As was written previously in this thread this deal has been in the works for a long time and has been accurately represented.

The EV Oasis Hub in Encinitas, CA received a sizable California Energy Commission grant a few years ago and it has taken a few years to work out the complicated land use permission and then the lease of a vacant city property adjacent to the mass transit Amtrak and Coaster station.  That's done and construction is underway.

We're operational in early summer 2018 and look forward to putting the Arcimoto FUV's into service throughout the region as they arrive in a  staggered manor during the following year or so.  We look forward to bringing in the "gas" stations of the future (I can say "gas" as long as we we still use legacy terms like Horsepower)  with  Arcimoto.  I'll chime in here now and then with status updates of our progress.

San Diego County is proud to be a national leader in the Solar PV and EV space, we have worked very hard in the last decade to accomplish that.  We're also proud to host three of the 10 national sites picked by the Federal DOT for autonomous vehicle testing.

It's a solid testament to the Arcimoto Team, that we are willing to venture forward into this space as a cornerstone of our San Diego area efforts. I join you as a huge fan of the vehicle architecture and company DNA.
I must admit at a hard gulp or two as the endeavor (the FUV's and the EV Oasis Hub) is not without risk, we look forward to a great future and being a center for all interested in the Arcimoto FUV, local Arcimoto drivers and those visiting the region.

Cheers for now. Wish us well.
Peder Norby