Hula Holdings
    Go To Post #1
I don’t have a utility!
    Go To Post #1
(06-04-2018, 03:58 AM)Mendojen Wrote: I don’t have a utility!
If you live off the grid, the Arcimoto will be the perfect fun utility vehicle.

Go To Post #1
Yep! Off grid for nearly 20 years.
Primarily solar with winter help from a water turbine.
But I’ll run a generator when needed!
[+] 1 user Likes Mendojen's post
    Go To Post #1
(02-19-2018, 06:25 AM)pedernorby@gmail.com Wrote: Just wanted to introduce myself here.  
Hello and thanks to the admins for a great forum.

I've been a reservation holder with Arcimoto for over two years now and a "small" individual investor since the RegA.  As background, I've also served as a San Diego County (the fifth largest county in the nation) Planning Commissioner for eight years along with being a BMW Mini-E & BMW ActiveE prototype pilot for five years starting in 2008, preparing for the 2014 launch of the BMW i3 & BMW i8.  In 2008, we were all kinda wondering if this electric vehicle thing would really stick this time around and there were just a few of us and a few Tesla Roadsters on the road at that time. (much respect to the decade earlier GM EV1 and Rav-4 drivers)   I was wondering can I really drive on sunshine? Well you can and this time It stuck.

As was written previously in this thread this deal has been in the works for a long time and has been accurately represented.

The EV Oasis Hub in Encinitas, CA received a sizable California Energy Commission grant a few years ago and it has taken a few years to work out the complicated land use permission and then the lease of a vacant city property adjacent to the mass transit Amtrak and Coaster station.  That's done and construction is underway.

We're operational in early summer 2018 and look forward to putting the Arcimoto FUV's into service throughout the region as they arrive in a  staggered manor during the following year or so.  

{...}

Cheers for now. Wish us well.
Peder Norby

Any news on the EV Oasis center in San Diego?

I did a google search, and found no new info. Is there a more definite opening date than "early summer 2018" ?? (Is it open yet?)

Thanks!
    Go To Post #1
HULA took possession of their first two FUVs yesterday. Take a look!

[Image: FB_IMG_1536684235591.jpg] [Image: FB_IMG_1536691871214.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
FYI : http://hihula.com/

I really like this picture on the above website - "You ain't gonna ICE *me* !!"

[Image: No_ICE_med.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
Since Hula would be considered an early fleet sales delivery, Arcimoto must have moved from the 15 Beta Builds dedicated  to test facilities and experience centers, to the 25 Pilot Builds dedicated to experience centers, early fleet sales, and customers.  Production must be on or even ahead of schedule.  Good news.

The Hula Fleet is born:
[Image: 96578_DD7_E562_4_D5_E_AED8_043_D2_B5781_CF.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Actually I believe Peder mentioned in a post that these are two betas. My guess is that Arcimoto decided its beta vehicles are far enough along to be suitable for fleets. But I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong. ?

Peder definitely mentioned that they're available to rent now, which made me wish I lived in California.
[+] 2 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps Arcimoto is using Hula as an efficiently combined test facility/Experience Center/fleet sales opportunity.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Peder did say they were Betas. If they're for rent to the general public, then they won't have all the extra telemetry equipment running (I hope). A move toward real-world numbers for range and pure third party driving impressions.