I've actually seen one SRK (aka FUV) live and in person
    Go To Post #1
happened to be reading todays local newspaper and was pleasantly surprised to see a photo of a FUV

[Image: sd_1520285981_o7kquivonh_snap_image.jpg]

www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-cleancar-expo-20180305-story.html

actually just came back from the convention center and now can say I've actually seen one SRK (aka FUV) live and in person

BIG GRIN!!!!
    Go To Post #1
Looking at that photo, even allowing for perspective, it shows how much taller the FUV is than most cars. This is a safety feature it shares with motorcycles. When I am driving a car, if someone in a pickup or SUV does something or fails to do something that I have to react to, I can't see around or beyond him to know what my options are. On a motorcycle I have more opportunities to avoid an accident, and the FUV will be the same way.
    Go To Post #1
My wife loves our new SUV because she's above a lot of the glare of oncoming headlights, unlike our Toyota Matrix. I think the FUV gives a real advantage in an upright seating position for this added benefit, as well as increased vision as Dan stated. The FUV doesn't just check all the boxes, it fills them in, scribbles outside the lines, and leaves large footprints on them.
Photo      Go To Post #1
The Arcimoto FUV was taller than most of the sedans at the expo for sure.
Would you believe me if I told you the Arcimoto FUV is just as fun to drive as the BMW i8? 

Cheers
Peder
Hula Cars
[Image: IMG_4104.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
(03-07-2018, 10:45 PM)pedernorby@gmail.com Wrote: The Arcimoto FUV was taller than most of the sedans at the expo for sure.
Would you believe me if I told you the Arcimoto FUV is just as fun to drive as the BMW i8? 

Cheers
Peder
Hula Cars
No!  I think it’s likely more fun to drive than a car to include the BMW i8. Smile

Go To Post #1
(03-07-2018, 10:45 PM)pedernorby@gmail.com Wrote: The Arcimoto FUV was taller than most of the sedans at the expo for sure.

Cheers
Peder
Hula Cars
I could totally believe that.  The i8 is an impressive machine, but like most modern cars, they tend to be isolating.  The FUV embraces the elements.

I recall an old Road & Track article when one of the editors was invited to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the automobile by Mercedes-Benz.  The company had a replica of their original 1885 Benz Patent Motor Car on hand for test drives, along with new models of the S and E-class.  The editor was quite clear in his impressions.  He was far more excited (and terrified) to drive the Benz motor car at 40mph than an S-class at 140mph.  Not too surprising.  The Benz motor car was little more than a buggy with a primitive single-cylinder four-stroke engine and bicycle tires. That's not to say the FUV is primitive, but the open sides, open wheels, lightweight and handlebar steering will make for a much more engaging drive.  Instant electric torque doesn't hurt either. Smile
    Go To Post #1
(03-07-2018, 06:09 AM)ben Wrote: happened to be reading todays local newspaper and was pleasantly surprised to see a photo of a FUV

[Image: sd_1520285981_o7kquivonh_snap_image.jpg]

www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/energy-green/sd-fi-cleancar-expo-20180305-story.html

actually just came back from the convention center and now can say I've actually seen one SRK (aka FUV) live and in person

BIG GRIN!!!!

BIG GRIN!!!! says a lot Ben.
Were you able to sit in it and play with the controls?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(03-08-2018, 05:30 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: BIG GRIN!!!! says a lot Ben.
Were you able to sit in it and play with the controls?

yup got to seat in the pilot's seat, and imagine running errands

what I saw was the black "alpha" and learned things have only improved,... 

at first I thought all I wanted was the KISS (keep it simple) basics (no heated seats, no radio, etc.) BUT because I've been running errands (like to the bank, etc.) using an electric bike for a while

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8ZkTGUf95U

I want "bling" comforts!!! for example the other day after reading the newspaper, I opted to walk over to the convention center because wasn't to sure I could find a bike rack (to lock up) AND because its "winter" (it gets windy and bone chilling cold) riding a bike,... yup hate to admit it, but heated seats would be nice (even in Sun Diego)

Also personally I' don't like riding my own bike downtown because there are idiots driving alone in 4000 lb vehicles always seeming on the look out for a parking spot (and not too aware of their surroundings)

as far as my first impressions of the "alpha" it was nicely laid out in terms of driver position, driver visibility (which IMHO is a good thing, because it allows one to spot idiots on the road and avoid them)

also understand "BLUE" now has power steering (useful at low speeds),... via vectoring the two electric motors driving the two front wheels

the signature series also I was told have an improved roll bar structure (its not just bolted on like on the "alpha"), the battery box is also a few inches narrower (making entry/exit easier), there is an improved windscreen (w/ out optical distortions), etc., etc., etc!

so in my own mind, I think the a-team has the right idea, taking their time to release a polished product (as opposed to something just good enough)

the other concept, I learned more about is the business model for "sharing"

www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180214005550/en/HULA-Holdings-Arcimoto-Partner-Create-EV-Oasis

basically by day, the fleet is used for tourist sigh seeing,... and in the evening (when the "tourist" market decays), the fleet is used for stuff like "pizza" delivery, etc.

www.ubereats.com/san_diego/

from my own observations about the pattern around my own "urban" neighborhood, is a GREAT THING!!! 

for example the other afternoon I was on my way to the bank, using my bike on a raod that goes thru the center of the park

www.balboapark.org/eat-drink/prado

anyway traffic is always kinda slow (but enjoyable) because there is lots of pleasent architecture and landscaping, but I was behind one of the tourist cars (we have in the area)

www.gocartours.com/locations/san-diego-sightseeing-tours/

and noticed those things really are akin to old soviet ladas (because they "smoke"), most people driving cars might not notice, but since I was on an eBike "cruiser" I noticed the noise and "smoke" pollution

w/ the FUV used for "car sharing" I think in the not too distance future, ownership of cars in "urban" area(s) is indeed going to change

(see you tube video,... starting about 48:50)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX3M8Ka9vUA