FUV #3... No wait. #2
    Go To Post #1
Can we assume from that video clip that we were watching it being delivered to it's new owner?
    Go To Post #1
That’s my assumption. Hopefully the next S Series will be configured for enclosure.

Go To Post #1
I may have misunderstood but when talking to Arcimoto about my SS I heard that they were building two test SS vehicles for the engineers to put through the paces. this could be one of those.   I could have this a little wrong  - old age is my excuse. and the ability to not listen.
    Go To Post #1
Interesting. I hadn't heard that, but it makes a lot of sense. So there may be eight rather than six.

If true, I doubt the orange one is one of the engineering test vehicles for a few reasons.

But this is all a higher and higher degree of speculation.
    Go To Post #1
My humble thoughts are.......get the 6 SS FUVs delivered to the anxious early adopters. Let them do the testing in real world driving conditions. Test Mark’s 00 and or the first 2 of the 50-100 Pilot FUVs. Smile

Go To Post #1
(03-20-2018, 04:42 AM)Rickb Wrote: My humble thoughts are.......get the 6 SS FUVs delivered to the anxious early adopters.  Let them do the testing in real world driving conditions.  Test Mark’s 00 and or the first 2 of the 50-100 Pilot  FUVs.  Smile

Yeah -  I agree-  let me test the hell out of mine- I will anyway- everything from acceleration to braking and whether it can pull my boat!
    Go To Post #1
Have you gotten word on yours yet? From the looks of it they're getting close!
    Go To Post #1
(03-21-2018, 12:41 AM)Kepesk Wrote: Have you gotten word on yours yet?  From the looks of it they're getting close!

A tentative date- mid April.  Supposedly they have a press release coming soon.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
I’m eagerly awaiting shared commentary on your FUV everyday electric experience.

Go To Post #1
Ok Rick .... (even though I haven´t even seen an Arcimoto) I´ll let you know what my experience of driving a small three wheeler has been (Bond Bug and a Messerschmitt 250 ): whether the two wheels are at the back or at the front makes very little difference. Above a certain speed, anything unexpected that forces a sudden steering input is going to result in something quite scary. As is reversing a vehicle with the single wheel at the back if too much power is applied. Furthermore, outrigger front wheels will, sooner or later, catch you out (as on my former Lotus Super Seven). And (One More Thing) with open sides and no full enclosure, you´d be better off on a totally open verhicle.

As my first pilot instructor was fond of pointing out, Lilienthal did not die in vain. It´s no use turning the wheel backwards; cars have four wheels because that is the safest solution to the problem of stability. And the best we can do is to improve on that (we could maybe try to tilt the wheels to improve turning ability).