FUV #3... No wait. #2
    Go To Post #1
(03-21-2018, 08:10 AM)paravil Wrote: Ok Rick .... (even though I haven´t even seen an Arcimoto) I´ll let you know what my experience of driving a small three wheeler has been (Bond Bug and a Messerschmitt 250 ): whether the two wheels are at the back or at the front makes very little difference. Above a certain speed, anything unexpected that forces a sudden steering input is going to result in something quite scary. As is reversing a vehicle with the single wheel at the back if too much power is applied. Furthermore, outrigger front wheels will, sooner or later, catch you out (as on my former Lotus Super Seven). And (One More Thing) with open sides and no full enclosure, you´d be better off on a totally open verhicle.

Interesting thoughts but sure does not match my experiences. WE have two recumbent tadpole trikes- two front wheels one drive wheel in rear.  One of them has an electric motor on it.  I have over 4,000 miles riding them and they handle like a charm My wife has at least a 1000.  Granted my fastest speed is only 45 but the steering is very nice and controllable and has never caught me out. And they brake as fast as a car does. You can put them over onto their side is you turn too sharply but the center of weight is a lot higher than the FUV has.
    Go To Post #1
(03-21-2018, 08:10 AM)paravil Wrote: Ok Rick .... (even though I haven´t even seen an Arcimoto) I´ll let you know what my experience of driving a small three wheeler has been (Bond Bug and a Messerschmitt 250 ): whether the two wheels are at the back or at the front makes very little difference. Above a certain speed, anything unexpected that forces a sudden steering input is going to result in something quite scary. As is reversing a vehicle with the single wheel at the back if too much power is applied. Furthermore, outrigger front wheels will, sooner or later, catch you out (as on my former Lotus Super Seven). And (One More Thing) with open sides and no full enclosure, you´d be better off on a totally open verhicle.

As my first pilot instructor was fond of pointing out, Lilienthal did not die in vain. It´s no use turning the wheel backwards; cars have four wheels because that is the safest solution to the problem of stability. And the best we can do is to improve on that (we could maybe try to tilt the wheels to improve turning ability).
Patrick, cool you have had the experience with those vehicles.  I would be interested to hear your comparison after test driving the FUV.   

The FUV is a motorcycle and likely more stable and safer than your current motor bikes.  Also, the FUV’s low Center of gravity and forward weight distribution should make it more stable than the other small three wheel vehicles you mention and some 4 wheelers.

Go To Post #1
Another picture of Orange at the NY International Auto Show...

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(03-31-2018, 05:20 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Another picture of Orange at the NY International Auto Show...

Purdy. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Tightapex's post
    Go To Post #1
The stability of any trike, whether HPV, EV or ICE, and whether delta like my Honda or tadpole configuration like the FUV, is directly related to the width of the wheelbase and the height of the center of gravity above ground. When designed for stability & safety first, a tadpole configuration trike's rear wheel will break loose and the trike will go into a drift during high-speed maneuvers instead of tipping. Of course, no design is proof against idiots who insist on driving beyond the limits of the vehicle design and their own abilities. That's what Darwin Awards are for. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
In my younger (perhaps smarter days) I liked the idea of buying/riding a Motorcycle, but didn’t based on personal safety issues (FEAR!).  I never considered buying a first year production model vehicle based on my preference for having early adopters test and prove the vehicles reliability.  Also, I liked the idea of an EV, but styling, high MSRP, and range anxiety prevented me from pulling the trigger.  That all changed with wanting the affordable, first year production Arcimoto FUN, Utility Vehicle, everyday electric, and safest three wheeler motorcycle on the planet.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post