Brake Configuration
    Go To Post #1
It would be nice to have a charger that you could set for a desired level of charge. Lacking that, I could make do with a timer. It would also be nice to have a charger that could be timed to charge when power is chep, or when solar power is svailable.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
(03-20-2018, 02:23 PM)DanCooper Wrote: It would be nice to have a charger that you could set for a desired level of charge.

I saw a video with exactly that. A module that totally controlled every aspect of charging on... of all things... An old Cree Sam in Finland.
The module controlled rate of charge, tapering the session to the user's design, shutting off when a certain percentage was reached...
reactive temperature monitoring and subsequent current adjustment, imbalances, timer, etc...

It was extremely cool. In my mind, like a built in safeguard on regen overcharging, something that should almost be be expected.
If not in the original package, certainly in options and aftermarket. I just can't see a mfg. in this age leaving something to chance like that.

After all, it's not 2007 anymore. If I can find the video, I'll post it.

Electric parking brakes make me nervous. Murphy you know.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
BMS should not allow the battery to be overcharged regardless of where the current is coming from.

Pax your list is in complete agreement with the information I have gathered as well.

My only real experience up to this point is with an Electric golf cart that I converted from 36v to 48v and replaced the six lead acid batteries with a Li-Ion pack harvested from a wrecked Chevy Volt. However I have been playing hard with Li-Ion Batteries (power tools, etc.) since then after kinda getting the hang of it.

(03-20-2018, 04:22 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: I saw a video with exactly that. A module that totally controlled every aspect of charging on... of all things... An old Cree Sam in Finland.
The module controlled rate of charge, tapering the session to the user's design, shutting off when a certain percentage was reached...
reactive temperature monitoring and subsequent current adjustment, imbalances, timer, etc...

It was extremely cool. In my mind, like a built in safeguard on regen overcharging, something that should almost be be expected.
If not in the original package, certainly in options and aftermarket. I just can't see a mfg. in this age leaving something to chance like that.

After all, it's not 2007 anymore. If I can find the video, I'll post it.

Electric parking brakes make me nervous. Murphy you know.

I built my own using the BUCK converters from here.

http://www.droking.com/
    Go To Post #1
(03-20-2018, 02:23 PM)DanCooper Wrote: It would be nice to have a charger that you could set for a desired level of charge. Lacking that, I could make do with a timer. It would also be nice to have a charger that could be timed to charge when power is chep, or when solar power is svailable.

JuiceBox does that.
https://emotorwerks.com/store/residential

eMortorWerks used to have a JuicePlug that went in-line on any J-1772 hookup and allowed charging up to a certain % of SoC, and to program stop/start times. I can't find it on their site anymore.  Sad
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post