Registration
    Go To Post #1
Shout out what your EV's yearly state registration will cost compared to an ICE registration.
If there is currently no difference in cost, how does your state compensate for road use?
If they don't have any plan in place, what are their plans for the future on this issue?

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Kansas House had a bill up for vote in Feb, 2017 to charge an additional registration fee on EV's for road usage, but I can find nothing that tells if it passed and became law, or if it was defeated. Kansas has done nothing to encourage EV ownership at the individual level - neither in tax incentives nor in reduced registration fees.
    Go To Post #1
In the long run I think it woukd be fair to equip each EV with a tamper-proof power meter The state would securely download it monthly, and you would pay a road tax. There is no reason to do this before there are a lot of EVs on the road. It is energy that should be taxed, because both for ICEs and EVs, road wear is roughly proportional to energy use.