FUV State requirements
    Go To Post #1
Yeah, many states created "autocycle" to accommodate vehicles like Electra Meccanica Solo, Aptera, and earlier Arcimoto prototypes. Then Arcimoto went to handlebars, and thus "broke" with being an "autocycle". Arcimoto has been trying to get laws changed to allow the FUV to qualify as an autocycle, but it's a slow state-by-state process.

As for antilock brakes, using regenerative braking could qualify as antilock brakes, since the system senses the wheels locking up (regeneration stops) and eases up on the braking (regeneration) power, modulating as needed.

Ironically, in some states, the listed definition of "autocycle" may have been originally written by Arcimoto! (Before their move to handlebars.)

You could email your state rep and explain the vehicle, and see if they'll introduce legislation to change the definition.
    Go To Post #1
(04-15-2021, 04:35 PM)SparkE Wrote: Why don't you just get a motorcycle license?

I can do that, but if the law stays the same, then that means that my wife and sons won't be able to drive it unless they do the same and I don't see them taking the time or spending the money to do that.