Boston Test Drive Saturday April 6
    Go To Post #1
Build the FUV to the engineer’s specified (tweaked) performance and handling characteristics determined to be max for the FUV’s platform and they will come from a wide range of demographics. Multiple driver modes on an everyday electric doesn’t seem practical, drivers will adjust to the vehicle dynamics with a very short learning curve and have some fun driving it. The quick, nimble, and fun utilitarian ride it was intended and destined to be.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Still though, an FUV-R has a nice ring to it. Wink
    Go To Post #1
Yes it does!  Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
When they talked about soft shell doors, I got the impression those doors were meant for quick on and off use. Half doors would rock.

I personally would hate any pouch. Give me a locking glovebox, even if it only fits two pieces of paper.

From what they said, mechanical parameters would be factory set. Its possible they could offer a touring and sport version with factory tuning. I think they're looking for the single best tuning at this point.

Mark did talk about eventually using cellphone apps to control the FUV, such as keyless ignition. Right now, the steering differential is mechanical, but will be software controlled when the software catches up. Maybe other parameters could be software adaptive as well.

I am apprehensive about the range. My commute is 95 miles, all highway. Two questions are what will the actual highway range be, and how will battery degradation affect that max range. Eyes wide open.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-09-2018, 05:07 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: I am apprehensive about the range.  My commute is 95 miles, all highway.  Two questions are what will the actual highway range be, and how will battery degradation affect that max range.  Eyes wide open.

I seem to recall that there would be two battery configurations : one (about) 70 miles of range and one about 120. But I doubt that will be highway range (wind resistance goes up as a square of speed - it is NOT linear at all).
    Go To Post #1
I only took a few pictures.
[Image: 20180407_133621_001.jpg]

[Image: 20180407_133611.jpg]

[Image: 20180407_130908.jpg]

And the short video. Watch as they leave the parking lot. Ground clearance is 5 3/4", which is adequate, like a small car. I'm quickly reminded of how quiet they are. Noiseless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-JnKMlzIG0
[+] 3 users Like AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-09-2018, 06:36 AM)SparkE Wrote: I seem to recall that there would be two battery configurations : one (about) 70 miles of range and one about 120. But I doubt that will be highway range (wind resistance goes up as a square of speed - it is NOT linear at all).

They are planning a battery upgrade using Farisis cells-  and a PM motor-   so I suspect that the range will change for the better. By the way Farisis only sells to production manufacturers - just two at the moment- Arcimoto being one.   There has been some post already on these two items.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-09-2018, 04:07 PM)PAX Wrote: They are planning a battery upgrade using Farisis cells-  and a PM motor-   so I suspect that the range will change for the better. By the way Farisis only sells to production manufacturers - just two at the moment- Arcimoto being one.   There has been some post already on these two items.

Mark did say the new motors would be 10% more efficient. Add in a battery upgrade and possibly shave a little more weight...

You're the man, Pax. Waiting to see how your drive home goes.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-09-2018, 04:31 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: Mark did say the new motors would be 10% more efficient.  Add in a battery upgrade and possibly shave a little more weight...  

You're the man, Pax.  Waiting to see how your drive home goes.

I think  it is getting pretty close.  My guess is that with the great stock option response they shifted plans a bit and the factory set up is number 1 priority.  They are probably using the SS to work out best ways to set up the production process. 

Do you  know the state of charge when you drove Blue-   I ask because you said its regen braking was wimpy- If batteries were topped up then regen could have been cut back to protect the batteries

Range apprehension goes with an EV for now- I suspect it will be eased in different ways soon.
    Go To Post #1
I saw one of them was at 62%, but don't remember which one...

I hope my range anxiety is quelled. I want this bad!!