Houston, We Have Assembly!
    Go To Post #1
Right?
    Go To Post #1
Is the orange one in the front the 3rd built one or a second orange. It is finish a lot more than the blue one.   With it I count 6 -  one which is only  a battery box  on a jack stand. I think the ones off to the side are old ones and not on the assembly line.
    Go To Post #1
There appears to be five stations in the assembly line outlined in yellow with five FUVs in various states of assembly. I’m guessing they move from station to station and roll out to where the new blue is setting and being fitted with the optional tail box.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
There is only one orange FUV, and that's the one.

I like the color choice by the way. A red Sig Series is going to look SWEET!
    Go To Post #1
I’m hoping to see a white and a yellow Signature Series. White seems basic, but there was a white SRK used in a marketing video that looked sweet, but heck they all look sweet regardless of color and getting sweeter with the upgrades.

Go To Post #1
I’ll be painting the battery box white. If the FUV is left in summer sun for more than a few minutes, that black battery box is gonna get hot.....can’t even touch it hot!
The temperature difference between a black box and a white box is huge!
Lightbulb      Go To Post #1
I guess we are all excited about the tailbox, bet it will be a very popular option. I hope the door has a lock.  From what I can see in the picture it looks like there is space below what will probably be the floor of the box. I hope that AM makes use of this space for perhaps a sub compartment under the floor of the tailbox. It would be useful for the things that folks like to always keep onboard such as water, sun glasses, gloves, flashlight, whatever. This would provide some additional longer term storage out of the way of the mail storage. Make use of all available space.
    Go To Post #1
(04-21-2018, 04:16 PM)ricschug Wrote: I guess we are all excited about the tailbox, bet it will be a very popular option. I hope the door has a lock.  From what I can see in the picture it looks like there is space below what will probably be the floor of the box. I hope that AM makes use of this space for perhaps a sub compartment under the floor of the tailbox. It would be useful for the things that folks like to always keep onboard such as water, sun glasses, gloves, flashlight, whatever. This would provide some additional longer term storage out of the way of the mail storage. Make use of all available space.

One of my major concerns about the FUV is the lack of carrying capacity- other than people. It is designed as a localized commuter vehicle but there are times when two people may want to go or do something that means carrying bulky items.   Grocery shopping being the immediate thing in my mind.  Two people and a cart load of groceries, not to say the case of wine my sweetie buys every trip,  seems a little crowded. Of course it could be a one person trip but sometimes that is not in the cards.

Regard the color red I picked-  It is a little more flamboyant than I really am and tends to show dirt more than other colors which is a real issue as I do not wash off my vehicles more than once a year and just barely that often-  I usually wait for the rainy season. I picked the red to help promote the vehicle.
    Go To Post #1
The prototype has a lock, so I would be pretty surprised if this one didn't.
    Go To Post #1
For the times my wife and I make COSTCO runs we will use our hauler SUV not the FUV.  Those that plan on FUV hauling for business, weekly grocery shopping, or pleasure seeking for 2, the trailer hitch option will be mandatory to tow a small enclosed motorcycle trailer. Lots of cool trailer options out there.  Jimball’s looks like the ultimate hauler/camping trailer.