Houston, We Have Assembly!
    Go To Post #1
I'm seriously considering using mine for a COSTCO run just to see how much stuff I can (safely) cram into it. Big Grin
    Go To Post #1
(04-21-2018, 06:38 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I'm seriously considering using mine for a COSTCO run just to see how much stuff I can (safely) cram into it.  Big Grin

Please post a video of youself loading that COSTCO merchandise.

Go To Post #1
(04-21-2018, 06:38 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I'm seriously considering using mine for a COSTCO run just to see how much stuff I can (safely) cram into it.  Big Grin

The nearest Costco to me is just a bit over 100 miles away, which is a bit too far without a full recharge for the return trip, but there is a Sam's Club just 35 miles away that I am a member of.  We'll be using our FUV+trailer  to shop there.
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps a motorcycle receiver hitch cargo carrier option.  Looks like it would hold a case of wine! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
That's a great idea, and there's even a winery near me that has charging stations. I think I have a plan!
    Go To Post #1
When it comes time to make Costco runs, we'll reserve that activity for four-wheeled transport.  Although the thought of toilet paper packaging and paper towels bulging from the confines of the FUV is an interesting one. Wink

Realistically, it's weekend getaways that could challenge carrying capacity.  My wife and I take trips in my tiny Triumph Spitfire, so we're used to efficient packing.  I'm thinking the FUV talibox will fine.  The mini trailer idea is pretty cool for longer trips.  Just map out all the locations for public charging and adventure awaits!
    Go To Post #1
After there are thousands of FUVs on the road, somebody (Arcimoto) will come out with a combination range extender/cargo trailer for the over the road/camping enthusiasts.  The first Fun Utility Cargo Hauler (FUCH) with purchase and/or rental options.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
(04-22-2018, 04:19 PM)Rickb Wrote: After there are thousands of FUVs on the road, somebody (Arcimoto) will come out with a combination range extender/cargo trailer for the over the road/camping enthusiasts.  The first Fun Utility Cargo Hauler (FUCH) with purchase and/or rental options.

My wife wants to tour the country a bit- I said I will not travel in a fossil fuel using vehicle - one reason we invested in Arcimoto. A little more space for camping equipment and food and we will be off. Short jaunts between camp grounds and occasional motel room will do us just fine.

The key to a trailer is super light weight and aerodynamic -  I might build one out of carbon fiber and HD foam- probably vacuum bagged. The wheels and axles will take some research.
I also will look at the idea of adding something on the one side similar to a car top carrier - aerodynamic design sort of thing. Could be accessible from inside of FUV.
    Go To Post #1
Gonna be fun watching what people come up with!
[+] 1 user Likes Mendojen's post
    Go To Post #1
What trailer weight are you all looking at? I found the Sylvansport Go, but at 850 lbs, its syre to be too heavy for the FUV.