Houston, We Have Assembly!
    Go To Post #1
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/...4DEALw_wcB

$499 + $110 shipping. 198lb. Empty. 780lb. GVW.
You used to be able to walk out the door of Harbor Freight with these for $248 plus tax.
HF apparently doesn't sell trailers anymore.

[Image: 57762_700x700.jpg]

[Image: 621a32e5-a28f-54a4-85f5-e1a1fd01b0d5]

[Image: f6f7afc6-d66e-548e-850a-f9c9a9b26be3]
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(04-23-2018, 02:54 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: $499 + $110 shipping. 198lb. Empty. 780lb. GVW.
You used to be able to walk out the door of Harbor Freight with these for $248 plus tax.
HF apparently doesn't sell trailers anymore.

[Image: 57762_700x700.jpg]

Too heavy-  I am thinking less than 100# weight -  75 for wheels and axle and tongue - 25 or less for the box. The box is easy- finding the right axle might take some effort.. One thing I will look at is sulkies. Just thinking right now.
    Go To Post #1
I seriously doubt any motorcycle trailer weighing 200 lb. empty is going to be a problem for the FUV. My Mini-Trailer USA Shadow weighs 200 lb empty & my Honda Silverwing scooter trike has no problem towing it fully loaded with camping gear. A grocery run to Costco or Sam's Club is not going to weigh that much.
    Go To Post #1
(04-23-2018, 02:54 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: HF apparently doesn't sell trailers anymore.

I was in Harbor Freight last week. Big Sign said their trailers didn't meet DOT specs, so they pulled all of them. I got the impression they were retooling their trailer line.

(04-23-2018, 05:38 AM)Rickb Wrote: Would the single wheel Eaglemate tow behind the FUV?  Open or enclosed, just like the FUV.

Never seen the Eaglemate before. Hello, youtube!
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
This is probably the choice I would make for my FUV trailer. from magnetatrailers.com. At 150 lbs empty, It's one of the lightest options I've found.  I would have it painted to match the Orange of my FUV.
[Image: UMBT1_cargo_trailer.jpg]

I'm also considering the small bare aluminum trailer frame from Northern Tool.
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/..._200660342
Then build a micro teardrop cargo box.  The frame is 40" X 48" which I would probably mace a little smaller.  The main advantage to this frame is that it is all aluminum which would fare better in my Oregon coastal environment than a steel trailer.

(04-21-2018, 05:35 AM)Rickb Wrote: I’m hoping to see a white and a yellow Signature Series.  White seems basic, but there was a white SRK used in a marketing video that looked sweet, but heck they all look sweet regardless of color and getting sweeter with the upgrades.

Yellow is not one of the color choices available for the Signature series FUVs  I'm going with the Exotic Orange.
Cheers
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Of course, this might be getting ahead of ourselves, but there are a wide variety of air shock/air suspension components for offroaders and ATVs.  I'm willing to bet there's a solution for those who want to trailer comfortably without sagging the rear.  Just a thought...
    Go To Post #1
(04-23-2018, 07:46 PM)Tightapex Wrote: Of course, this might be getting ahead of ourselves, but there are a wide variety of air shock/air suspension components for offroaders and ATVs.  I'm willing to bet there's a solution for those who want to trailer comfortably without sagging the rear.  Just a thought...

It's not necessary.
A properly designed and loaded motorcycle trailer is only going to have a few pounds of tongue weight pressing down on the rear suspension.  The majority of the trailer's loaded weight is centered over it's own wheels.  It will not be necessary to worry about beefing up the FUV's suspension.  Variations in the weight of passengers will make more difference on FUV rear suspension loading, and the FUV will accommodate a wide range of passenger weight.

I happen to be of the opinion that a mono-wheeled motorcycle trailer is a bad choice for a trike like the FUV.  They require a special nonstandard hitch and are designed to lean into curves along with the motorcycle.  A FUV does not lean.  The few pounds difference in gross trailer weight does not provide a substantial advantage.  My motorcycle trailer weighs 200 lb. empty and has 14 cu. ft. of enclosed weatherproof cargo space.  Fully loaded, it is easy to roll around by hand.  The only time I've ever noticed it having a negative effect on my Silverwing is when towing it above 75 mph with both myself & my wife on the trike.  My wife does not like riding that fast, so most of our riding is below 60 mph.  I suspect this will hold true for most FUV owners as well.  Those with the need for speed should consider a Can Am Spyder F3.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
Robot welders at the AMP:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
The encouraging news just keeps coming!
    Go To Post #1
Do they have tubing benders already?