FUV Trailers
    Go To Post #1
(04-27-2018, 04:30 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Hi Rickb,
I plan to either have the trailer painted to match my FUV or have a natural wood grain "woodie" look.
Cheers,
I like the woodie look idea.  However, if you do a woodie look trailer,  you may be a creative enough guy to do a ‘woodie’ look hardshell enclosure panel option for the FUV.  Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-27-2018, 04:46 PM)Rickb Wrote: I like the woodie look idea.  However, if you do a woodie look trailer,  you may be a creative enough guy to do a ‘woodie’ look hardshell enclosure panel option for the FUV.  Smile

Oh Man! Rickb.  Now I'm going to be up all night thinking about how I could pull off making a "woodie" side panel enclosure for my FUV.
Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
Trailer Update: The Northern Tool aluminum trailer frame I ordered is back-ordered by many months. I’m looking at other alternatives now.
    Go To Post #1
(05-10-2018, 08:24 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Trailer Update:  The Northern Tool aluminum trailer frame I ordered is back-ordered by many months.  I’m looking at other alternatives now.

Trailer hitch for the fUV is still not done- could be a while is my guess-  It looks like a tricky engineering exercise due to how the rear wheel is tied in.  it makes my pivot wheel trailer look easier as it has two tongues that will be outside the rear wheel on both sides. I am building the wheel set up now. Just need to make up the connection from pivot to wheel axle.
    Go To Post #1
PAX, When you say Pivot Wheel, do you mean that the trailer wheel/s would be casters? I recall seeing some old time trailers that were (ridgedly) attached to the back of a vehicle at two points and would have either one or two wheel casters. That way the trailer would track correctly behind the vehicle.
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
(05-11-2018, 01:22 AM)CreativeGuy Wrote: PAX, When you say Pivot Wheel, do you mean that the trailer wheel/s would be casters?  I recall seeing some old time trailers that were (ridgedly) attached to the back of a vehicle at two points and would have either one or two wheel casters.  That way the trailer would track correctly behind the vehicle.

Yes - Single wheel caster style with two arms going to the FUV, one on each side which will allow movement up and down but no side ways movement. The trailer wheel  will only be a about 3' behind the rear wheel. The trailer will not jackknife when backing up- There are you tube videos showing RVs and other vehicles backing up with a pivot wheel trailer. Something similar to this picture if it post,  Much smaller though-
and different attachment - hopefully 75# max for trailer   Search "Pivot wheel trailer"
[Image: ecocarrier1.JPG.w300h225.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
That’s pretty cool. I could definitely see that working with the FUV. I wonder if there are strong enough attachment points on the little “deck” behind the back seat.
    Go To Post #1
(05-11-2018, 04:24 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: That’s pretty cool.  I could definitely see that working with the FUV.  I wonder if there are strong enough attachment points on the little “deck” behind the back seat.

Attachment points are critical. It is just my guess but it seems to me that for ball type of hitch the design has to come from the "frame" and out around the rear wheel with enough strength to hold the tongue weight up- that all seems like a much more complicated design issue then two fixed points located on frame that my style uses. But then Arcimoto seems to have some pretty sharp engineers and obviously cad programs to play with.
    Go To Post #1
I’m still hung up on the eaglemate trailer receiver hitch design.  Simple attachment, away from the rear wheel and at a high level for ease of attaching a light weight single wheel trailer.  Could attach with a pin or possibly a typical trailer ball.   Curious if Arcimoto engineer’s have an opinion on this or already have a receiver hitch designed/engineered and ready to roll.  Eric?

Attached Files
.gif   B2DEE63D-5BC5-40E9-8102-7BF7622E5DB7.gif (Size: 23.15 KB / Downloads: 78)

Go To Post #1
Anyone ever consider a roof rack instead of a trailer?