Local magazine article:

https://eugenemagazine.com/feature-stori...e-changer/
[+] 3 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Thanks! That was a FUN morning read.

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Rick, here´s President Hiroyuki Yanagi at the Yamaha Motor Press Conference
on the Press Day (October, 25th) of the 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017.

Best to start his presentation about half way through and see the three wheeled, leaning trike that was introduced to the internat. market this year. And then the motorbot unmanned motorbike. They´ve got it to quite near the lap time record set up by the great Rossi. It makes Kim´s Lit C-.1 look a bit pathetic.

People like Yanagi don´t spend hard earned cash on publicity stunts. A lot of the technology of their riderless bike is already integrated into modern motorcycles. And the logical progression of the leaning, high powered three wheel trikes is the enclosed four wheeler. I can see nothing radically innovative in either the Arcimoto or the EM projects. The era of the bubble car produced very simiular vehicles in the 1960s. And it doesn´t look as if either the FUV or the Solo will be road legal here in Europe before a narrow, leaning, enclosed four wheeler is marketed here by one of the major motor companies.

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom...onference/
[+] 1 user Likes paravil's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-24-2018, 04:09 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, here´s President Hiroyuki Yanagi at the Yamaha Motor Press Conference

Best to start his presentation about half way through and see the three wheeled, leaning trike that was introduced to the internat. market this year. And then the motorbot unmanned motorbike. They´ve got it to quite near the lap time record set up by the great Rossi. It makes Kim´s Lit C-.1 look a bit pathetic.

People like Yanagi don´t spend hard earned cash on publicity stunts. A lot of the technology of their riderless bike is already integrated into modern motorcycles. And the logical progression of the leaning, high powered three wheel trikes is the enclosed four wheeler. I can see nothing radically innovative in either the Arcimoto or the EM projects. The era of the bubble car produced very simiular vehicles in the 1960s. And it doesn´t look as if either the FUV or the Solo will be road legal here in Europe before a narrow, leaning, enclosed four wheeler is marketed here by one of the major motor companies.

Doesn't look like anything I am interested in.

I want electric, enclosed, and road worthy, guess I will have to wait on my FUV.
    Go To Post #1
Patrick, thanks for posting! Interesting cutting edge technology! Yamaha definitely has more resources available than Lit Motors.

I’m all in on a fun utility vehicle to meet my 2018 ‘personal mobility’ needs. I’ll ride/drive it until our preferred narrow leaning three or four wheeler EV gets to market.

Note: I see no problem with the FUV being road legal in your part of the world. However, the SOLO is TOLOW and dead to me. Smile

Go To Post #1
(04-24-2018, 04:09 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, here´s President Hiroyuki Yanagi at the Yamaha Motor Press Conference

As much as you seem to hate the Arcimoto and everything about it's design, why the F* do you even bother making these posts in an Arcimoto support group forum.  You ARE AWARE of the name of this group and it's purpose, aren't you?  Or are you just a damned Troll?  Every post you make just pisses me off a little bit more and makes me wonder why you and your anti-Arcimoto attitude are even allowed.  Arcimoto is a real company and the FUV is a real product.  You wax rhapsodic about imaginary magic leaning trikes that will probably never see the light day in a dealer's showroom.  It's disgusting.
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-24-2018, 07:45 PM)jimball Wrote: As much as you seem to hate the Arcimoto and everything about it's design, ...  Or are you just a damned Troll?  Every post you make just pisses me off a little bit more .

jimball, my approach to the ornery types I regularly encounter on online forums is always to cut them some slack.  Usually, trollish behavior can be attributed to one thing:  they ain't gettin' any.  And for that, I almost feel pity.
[+] 1 user Likes Sniffy's post
    Go To Post #1
Holy shit, calm down and or ignore his posts. He is no more of a Troll than I am.  Hell, every now and then, I was called a Troll and or a hater on ElioOwner’s Forum every time I questioned Paul Elio’s on and off again production schedule BS.   Paravil and I have been though a few startup vaporware three wheeler concepts together over the years.  Heck, I believe he will be an Arcimoto customer after the hardshell enclosure reveal and solid proof the FUV is EU compliant.  If Paravil’s motorbikes are compliant, there is every reason to believe the FUV everyday electric will be compliant as well.  I’ve read over the EU vehicle classifications and the FUV specs fit and compliance is a non-issue. It’ll happen prior to the start of reservationist deliveries.

The beauty of Dale’s Forums is that we don’t all have to echo the same opinion and or beliefs.  Hope it stays  that way.

Go To Post #1
(04-24-2018, 09:51 PM)Rickb Wrote: Holy shit, calm down and or ignore his posts.

If this forum has an 'ignore user' or 'block user' feature, please point me at it.  I am sick and tired of his relentless negativity.  I don't expect handsprings of mindless enthusiasm, but I don't think this sort of crap belongs on a pro-Arcimoto forum.  I do not seek out the pro-tilter forums to rag about their ridiculous belief in the dreams of clever engineers with no chance of bringing their product to market.  Yes, several of the big manufacturers have investigated tilters, but none of them are seriously moving forward toward production.  Other than a couple of small scooters like the Piaggio, I don't know of any you can actually go out and buy. (referring to tadpole-2 wheels in front tilters) I do not count the delta configuration 49cc vehicles that have been around for decades as being representative of the type.

Hey! I found the 'Ignore' feature. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-24-2018, 10:19 PM)jimball Wrote: If this forum has an 'ignore user' or 'block user' feature, please point me at it.  I am sick and tired of his relentless negativity.  I don't expect handsprings of mindless enthusiasm, but I don't think this sort of crap belongs on a pro-Arcimoto forum.  I do not seek out the pro-tilter forums to rag about their ridiculous belief in the dreams of clever engineers with no chance of bringing their product to market.  Yes, several of the big manufacturers have investigated tilters, but none of them are seriously moving forward toward production.  Other than a couple of small scooters like the Piaggio, I don't know of any you can actually go out and buy.  (referring to tadpole-2 wheels in front tilters) I do not count the delta configuration 49cc vehicles that have been around for decades as being representative of the type.

Hey!  I found the 'Ignore' feature. Big Grin

Yep. I thought it only worked for Private Messaging, but it works for posts too.
However, you'll still be able to see the person's post when it's quoted in a response.
There seems to be no way around that, but it's that way in almost all  forum software.

User CP > Buddy/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List

"Spending millions on three machines doesn’t faze Frohnmayer.
'We break even on that investment after we’ve built and sold 750 vehicles,' he says.
And, since the company has received (nonbinding) orders from triple that many customers,...
Frohnmayer’s confidence seems well founded."

Nice local find Kepesk.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.