New enclosure render!
    Go To Post #1
The A Team Facebook comment on the enclosure:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
(10-18-2016, 06:59 PM)Looks wonderful but wish the mirrors were larger. Wrote: This just popped up on the A-Team's website.  Looks awesome!!!

[Image: ES-e1476227044458.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
Jhutton, that is only a render to include side mirrors. The finalized version will be posted soon. They were in the process of designing and engineering hinges for the enclosure panels. I agree that it looks awesome and bet the final version will be better yet!

Go To Post #1
Welcome Jhutton! Glad to have you as a member. Make yourself at home.
I hope you enjoy the community, and if there's anything we can do for you, let us know.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
I was thinking about the doors today. I have seen some renders that indicate there will be an option for separate doors for driver and passenger. Although there is some aesthetic merit to the two door design, I think the single "gull-wing" concept is far more functional:

a) With one hand, the driver can open the door to pick up a passenger, while still remaining in the driver seat.
b) The wider opening may facilitate loading difficult cargo.
c) Less complexity in manufacture, less complexity in operation.
d) The gull-wing has an element of "wow-factor".

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
    Go To Post #1
It can be harder to open gull-wing type door in small parking spaces (sliding doors are best for this, actually). If you don't have (say) 3 or 4 feet of room next to the car, you may not be able to get out.

Are there pics/dimensions of the 'gull wing' door?
    Go To Post #1
It was referred to as the eagle wing door and Is apparently not going to fly as the final SRK door design.  I doubt it's functional and perhaps Adds too much cost.  Sorry, I got the attachment to large error message on the photo. 

I like the the latest render of the hardshell enclosure panels. I'm hoping for doors on both sides for convenient ingress/egress and 2 doors would likely be the best option for the worldwide market.  

The Solo evolved from a single door to a 2 door vehicle during prototype build #8 thru #10.  It's more efficient to manufacture a vehicle with universal vehicle specs to cover all the potential markets.

Go To Post #1
After approximately ten years of being confronted with ever more ludicrous, computer generated `renderings´ of various small, urban vehicles, I have taken to kicking myself whenever I am reminded that I practically gave away my two Messerschmitt three and four-wheelers so many years ago. Apart from the two-stroke and the cable operated brakes, they were far advanced compared with anything on the market in 2017. Even then, there were aircraft engineering students here in Berlin working on a lightweight, honeycomb sandwich based platform for a modernised, Wankel powered version.

So now we´re getting a mobility scooter / golf cart and a scaled down US monster car instead. I´ve finally given up and am getting myself a new super moto bike.
    Go To Post #1
(05-30-2017, 09:11 AM)paravil Wrote: After approximately ten years of being confronted with ever more ludicrous, computer generated `renderings´ of various small, urban vehicles, I have taken to kicking myself whenever I am reminded that I practically gave away my two Messerschmitt three and four-wheelers so many years ago. Apart from the two-stroke and the cable operated brakes, they were far advanced compared with anything on the market in 2017. Even then, there were aircraft engineering students here in Berlin  working on a lightweight, honeycomb sandwich based platform for a modernised, Wankel powered version.

So now we´re getting a mobility scooter / golf cart and a scaled down US monster car instead. I´ve finally given up and am getting myself a new super moto bike.
Think Electric:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
On an SRK the width at the wheels is greater than the cabin width, so opening doors while parked should be easier than it is in a car.