GoPro
    Go To Post #1
(08-30-2018, 06:39 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Hi Ben,
Great review.  BTW, that was my FUV "Yellow" that you were driving.  I loaned it to AM since I was away on a trip.  And I was excited that it got to venture around my old "North County" stomping grounds. (I was one of the original owners of the 101 Diner in Encinitas)  And it was cool seeing Yellow parked next to the Batmobile at Comic Con.

Having put over 1,000 mile on our FUV, I've made many of the same observations as you.  As one of the Signature Series owners, AM tracks all sorts of data and telemetry on the vehicle. (This is one reason we are not getting the full projected range is because of the battery draining telemetry equipment installed.  ( That and a couple extra hundred pounds of steel)
I report regularly to AM with issues that come up and my impressions of the driving experience.  This is all part of the "fine tuning" process as AM moves towards their final production units.  I have admittedly driven Yellow a bit harder than perhaps a conservative EV driver might.  Given that many of the first units produced will be in a rental market, they will probably be driven pretty hard also.  And I have gotten the front wheels to spin in a quick acceleration. Dodgy  What's really remarkable, and something you might not have experienced in a short test drive, is the higher speed acceleration.  As we know, most EV motors all have great low end torque.  The new motors that AM is using also have incredible higher speed torque. So when you are driving around 45mph or more and "give it the gas", it really quickly ramps up the speed.  This is great for those defensive driving situations at higher speeds when you really need to get out of someones way or need to pass quickly.

I have also noted to AM, the need for some kind of indicator lighting  for all the switches. (Seat Heat, Handlebar heat and parking brake)  The switches are internally lit but nearly impossible to see if they are on. (other than a warm bum and hands)  I suggested a row of LEDs above the switched to indicate they are active. (or inactive as in the case of the parking brake)  And I suggested that a red LED that would stay on or flash when the parking brake is engaged. Even after the vehicle is turned off.  That way it would offer a slight sense of security giving the impression that there is some sort of security system installed and working.

cheers
[Image: IMG_2549.jpg]

Its great to hear about your impressions both good and bad. I really like your red led idea for the parking brake. Even if AM comes up with brighter lighted switches the parking brake is important enough for a separate indicator that flashes slowly when its on and the FUV is off.
    Go To Post #1
I really appreciate all the updates! Both from the company and the early adopters, watching the progress from the dugout is fascinating. "Put me in, Coach, I'm ready to play..."
[+] 2 users Like AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
I’ve followed many vehicle startup Teams over the past decade:  CarverOne, VentureOne/Persu, Elio, Lit, SOLO, and Arcimoto.  I concluded, as a result of their business model, dedication, progress, and overall treatment/attitude/regards/respect for reservationists (future customers) and the all important Sig Series early adopter owner involvement, Team Arcimoto USA is the only Team I’ll play on. Their mission statement, progress, honesty, integrity, and sense of humor during the development process to production, will most likely insure an award winning product, and as or more importantly, award winning customer service after the sale. A Team I trust. Good to see a couple three wheelers with pre-production vehicles road testing and finally close to reservationist deliveries.

[+] 4 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(08-30-2018, 06:39 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: I have admittedly driven Yellow a bit harder than perhaps a conservative EV driver might.  Given that many of the first units produced will be in a rental market, they will probably be driven pretty hard also.  And I have gotten the front wheels to spin in a quick acceleration. Dodgy  What's really remarkable, and something you might not have experienced in a short test drive, is the higher speed acceleration.  As we know, most EV motors all have great low end torque.  The new motors that AM is using also have incredible higher speed torque. So when you are driving around 45mph or more and "give it the gas", it really quickly ramps up the speed.  This is great for those defensive driving situations at higher speeds when you really need to get out of someones way or need to pass quickly.

cheers
[Image: IMG_2549.jpg]

Excellent write-up, Creative.  It's great to hear feedback from those currently testing and enjoying the FUV.  It makes all of us reservationists even more eager to receive their machine.

Interesting comments about power delivery.  Like you, I tend to drive a bit more vigorously when the situation allows and I've wondered if instant torque would overpower the front wheels.  I've autocrossed all manner of modern and vintage cars over the years, so a little slippage wouldn't phase me, but it might surprise the uninitiated.  I suppose folks will learn to adapt as they understand its driving dynamics.  Of course, I wonder if an option for wider wheels might be worthwhile.  The increased rolling resistance would sacrifice range, but you'd get a corresponding increase in grip.  Regardless, I'm glad to hear it will have the power as described.  I think I'm more into the "F" part of the FUV than the "U." Wink