Will there be leases?
    Go To Post #1
Has anyone heard of leases for the FUV?  Battery technology continues to improve which makes a lease an attractive option.  A two to three year lease sounds like a good way to ease into the market.  Has anyone heard any rumors about a leasing affiliate?
    Go To Post #1
You should contact a leasing company (there are independent leasing companies, not affiliated with manufacturers).
    Go To Post #1
I am going to purchase.  I ask about leases because recently can-am sent me an offer to lease.  It may be consider why they would do that.  I have also heard that a buyer can sometimes save money by leasing as illustrated here https://www.greencarreports.com/news/111...four-times

If I was planning on only keeping the FUV for three years or less, I would be pricing out a lease.

Here is a CNBC article titled "Why 75% of electric-car buyers don't buy electric cars."
https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/17/ric-cars.html
    Go To Post #1
Old article, and they really only got one thing right (in terms of why people lease EVs): you wait for a special deal (when it is really cheap) : THEN you lease. I had a 3-year lease at $89/mo. It was really hard to say no at that price.

The other big reasons are :
- uncertainty about the technology. BEVs (Battery-only Electectric Vehicles, not PHEVs or Hybrids) are changing really quickly, which really new things arriving every 2-3 years. You don't want to get stuck with "old technology" after 3 years when you paid $40K for the car. This includes (in fact a major factor) the size of the battery and thus the range.

- worry about the battery going bad (thanks to the massive problems with the battery pack in the first gen of LEAFs : 2011-2013).

- huge depreciation. My next EV I plan on buying used - one that is a lease return. I should be able to find a 3-year-old EV that is selling at 25-35% of its MSRP. I haven't decided yet if it will be  another Spark EV, or a (2016+) 30 kWh LEAF (105 mile range), or wait another year and get a 2017 eGolf (125 miles).
    Go To Post #1
I question the option of a special lease pricing deal on a $11,900 MSRP EV. The FUV is already special Smile. Also, the depreciation may be far less than a total 3 year lease payment on what is a supplement to the family car, be it a longer range EV or ICE.

Go To Post #1
Sorry - I didn't make myself clear enough. I was discussing MY plans for my next 4-wheel car. The 3 cars I mentioned are fairly well represented on the used market, as quite a few (and a high %) were leased, not bought.

The FUV is in a special category : small production run (at least to start), most likely rather rabid owners (who will probably buy, not lease), using what should be a more mature battery tech than that in the 2011 LEAF. I really don't expect to see any SRKs/FUVs available on the used market for a long, long time.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
    Go To Post #1
You were clear enough. I was making a general statement regarding an unlikely viable FUV lease option. I agree, in that Arcimoto may not be able to keep up with demand once the FUV hits the streets in reservationist numbers.

Go To Post #1
Que genial todo esto me encanta