Hello from Iowa!
    Go To Post #1
I'd love to have an Arcimoto. Could I use it as an every day commuter on the interstate? I'd likely have at least an hour commute every day soon. Hopefully they come around here soon, I'd love to test drive it. Looking to preorder in the next couple weeks.
    Go To Post #1
Welcome to the forum! The FUV is limited to 80 mph, so yes, interstate is a go! I have an almost hour commute each way, for a total of 92 miles on the highway, or 75 miles if I take back roads. Range is my most important requirement. I test drove two of them back in April, and I can see an FUV working very well in my future! I can't wait to convert the $45.00 a week in gas into a $162 a month car payment ( I subtracted the $18 a month estimated electricity cost).
    Go To Post #1
Welcome BeauS! Good news on your decision to place a simple $100 refundable for any reason FUV reservation deposit.

Go To Post #1
Welcome! The way they're talking, road shows and experience centers are coming soon. I'm sure you will get a chance to try one yourself. They're a blast!
    Go To Post #1
Animal Cage- I may be doing a 62 mile commute each way.. I may be cutting it too close to the 130 mile range. I'd probably be able to charge it at work at least.
    Go To Post #1
Hopefully I can qualify on a tax credit with this! https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml
    Go To Post #1
(08-15-2018, 04:12 AM)BeauS Wrote: Hopefully I can qualify on a tax credit with this! https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

To the best of my knowledge and current law, the Arcimoto FUV does not qualify for the federal tax incentive.
The FUV is considered classified as a motorcycle by the NHTSA. Only cars qualify for the federal tax credit.
The federal electric motorcycle tax credit (I believe it was up to $3500) elapsed two years ago.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
There are credits in some states for which the FUV does qualify. I don't know whether Iowa has one.
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Beau - I spoke to my employer about charging at work. They seemed interested, but tabled the discussion until I actually own one. I am really looking for a range that's 150% of my commute so I don't completely wear down the batteries every day. Charging at work would be great, but I don't want to depend on it.
    Go To Post #1
I asked the Archimoto folks and it doesn’t seem they felt it was an appropriate commuter, more of around town thing. I disagree but the battery range will need to be much better for real commuting.