90 Mile Ramge? (Correction: 100!)
    Go To Post #1
Check it out - looks like the Arcimoto website has been changed to specify a single 90 mile range option rather than the 70/130 mile options.

This falls in line with my experience renting a Beta. I didn't run the battery dry, but my math showed that if I had, I would have gotten almost 90 miles.

Shouldn't be a problem for me; a busy day has me going about 80 miles. But I imagine others were hoping for that 130 number.
    Go To Post #1
(01-16-2019, 05:17 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Check it out - looks like the Arcimoto website has been changed to specify a single 90 mile range option rather than the 70/130 mile options.

This falls in line with my experience renting a Beta.  I didn't run the battery dry, but my math showed that if I had, I would have gotten almost 90 miles.

Shouldn't be a problem for me; a busy day has me going about 80 miles.  But I imagine others were hoping for that 130 number.

I wonder if the reason was for simplicity, weight or if they were having trouble fitting 130 miles worth of battery in the battery box.
    Go To Post #1
Maybe the Standard has been increased to 90 miles and the extended battery will have even more range?
    Go To Post #1
(01-16-2019, 06:01 PM)Trik Wrote: Maybe the Standard has been increased to 90 miles and the extended battery will have even more range?

Ah, right, it didn't even register with me that 90 miles is more than what they've been saying was the standard range. Looks like they still need to update their "Full Specifications" page.
    Go To Post #1
Damn. Won't be able to drive it home in one shot after picking up at the factory, then. Undecided Nor using it for drives from Portland to Seattle.

One big advantage previously was that the bigger battery qualified it for a bigger tax credit - the increase in tax credit being more than the projected cost of the bigger battery! It was going to be a no-brainer to get the bigger battery. Hopefully the increase in standard means the new standard battery qualifies for the larger tax credit.

130 really was a good sweet spot. More than any other "city" EV by enough that it could actually be used for "local road trips" (Portland to the coast, for example.) At 90 miles, it's just short of that "local road trips" capability to me, and makes it purely a commuter/in-town vehicle.

Edit: While the main vehicle page says "90 miles, 19.7 kWh", the Specifications page still says "Range: 70 mi or 130 mi" with no indication of battery electrical capacity... https://www.arcimoto.com/vehicle/specifications/
    Go To Post #1
The added 20 miles is an unexpected bonus for me.  90 miles meets the needs of the vast majority of urban commuters.  Hopefully, for those requiring over 90 there is a charge option available at their workplace for a full charge drive back home........or even charge options in the destination city if using the FUV for longer range trips.  My hometown is in the process of installing EV charge stations in the new city parking ramp.  Arcimoto may be planning the increased battery range as a future option after the initial retail delivery roll out.

Go To Post #1
The old specs said something about 70 miles in 12KWh and 130 miles in 20KWh. The new spec has 90 miles in 19.7Kwh. I think Arcimoto determined that the 12KWh battery would only be good for 50 miles. The market for a 50 mile vehicle is probably so small that I do not believe it will be available.
[+] 2 users Like shome's post
Sad      Go To Post #1
(01-16-2019, 09:02 PM)shome Wrote: The old specs said something about 70 miles in 12KWh and 130 miles in 20KWh.  The new spec has 90 miles in 19.7Kwh.  I think Arcimoto determined that the 12KWh battery would only be good for 50 miles.  The market for a 50 mile vehicle is probably so small that I do not believe it will be available.

I think that the 19.7K says it all, mileage is less than advertised. For me 130 was at the very minimum of workable. I still want one but its usefulness has be cut in half for me[Image: sad.png]. I was actually hoping for about 150mi so the FUV could be used for local rides not just running to the store.
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-16-2019, 09:02 PM)shome Wrote: The old specs said something about 70 miles in 12KWh and 130 miles in 20KWh.  The new spec has 90 miles in 19.7Kwh.  I think Arcimoto determined that the 12KWh battery would only be good for 50 miles.  The market for a 50 mile vehicle is probably so small that I do not believe it will be available.

90 miles is probably the range with no doors on it. The range with doors on it should be farther. I wonder how much farther?
    Go To Post #1
(01-17-2019, 12:17 AM)jetpad Wrote: 90 miles is probably the range with no doors on it. The range with doors on it should be farther. I wonder how much farther?

At low speeds, the wind drag is not a big factor. It comes into play at highway speeds. This is part of the reason EVs have greater range for city and lower range for highway.
[+] 1 user Likes davstewa's post