things I want!
    Go To Post #1
It is just as easy to form a colored piece of plastic as a clear one. How about customer choice - clear, smoke, or white?
    Go To Post #1
(04-12-2017, 02:07 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 01:31 AM)jimball Wrote: Re: Heat trap roof panels.

The first thing I intend to do with my SRK is take it down to the local auto glass place and have them apply the heaviest, darkest, most reflective window tint they have.  If the compound curve proves to make that too difficult, there is always paint.  This is Kansas.  There's nothing to look 'up' at... Big Grin
Perhaps Arcimoto should reconsider the clear roof panel and specify a solid bodymatched colored panel.  WHO NEEDS TO BE LOOKING UP WHEN DRIVING A THEE WHEEL MOTORCYCLE.......eyes on the road! 

Well, they *DO* live in a place where it rains so much that they wouldn't want to miss even a second of sunshine ...

Wink
    Go To Post #1
The A-Team has mentioned the possibility of having a rear seat that folds down somehow, but no details on that so far.
    Go To Post #1
Now that the SRK has windscreen wipers .....   the enclosure options and the folding rear seat are sure to follow soon.  
[Image: ostersmilies07.gif]
    Go To Post #1
paravil,

since you said,... 

As a biker, I know full well the effect of a very hot saddle! And as a glider pilot, I know how dangerous heat build-up under a plexi roof can be. 

back when I was at university, I use to fly gliders on weekends to get away from the lab, anyway last weekend the RedBull air racers were here in town

http://www.redbullairrace.com/m/en_US/vi...xplanation

and it would have been nice if I actually had a "fun utility vehicle" to drive around because street traffic was mostly stop and somewhat going (Velocity max = 15 MPH)

I had to laugh because noticed lots of SUVs  w/ only 1 or 2 people, creeping along slowly looking around for a parking space (does not make sense to me to drive "@ low speeds" a big vehicle w/ an internal combustion engine in an urban area)

also since you mentioned your granddaughter has a new smart (w/ an issue) what you might find interesting is up until the end of last year there was a car sharing service (here in town) that used electric smart cars...

https://www.car2go.com

since a few of my cars are made by mercedes, my mechanic told me one problem they were having w/ the smart is the battery packs were not lasting as long as predicted (and were pretty expensive to replace)

one of the reasons I find the SRK appealing, is because its pretty small it does not need a big battery pack, so in other words small vehicle equals less expensive battery pack!

last thought (for now), because its earth day and since I noticed a few "rental" quadricycle(s) last weekend when I watched the RedBull air racers, had an urge to buy something environmentally friendly to cruise around w/ so looked on craigslist and was able to purchase a used quadricycle to work on and play around w/ 

(attached is a photo from the craigslist ad)

[Image: craigslist_quad.png]

this should keep me somewhat entertained until arcimoto gets its production line going...
    Go To Post #1
ben, that thing .... with an electric motor, and with a simple `leaning´ technology (and a simple enclosure), with the ability to achieve approx. 80 mph .... is what I´ve been looking for. I don´t need to be a trend setter, to be one up on my neighbours etc. I just need to be able to get around town quickly and in relative comfort when I can no longer be on a motorbike. There´s a Swiss company (Tremola) that have been developing their prototype for a number of years. But whenver I´ve talked to them, they are quite satisfied with perfecting their tilter in the years to come. I´m on the point of just accepting that major manufacturers still don´t see any profit in catering for what I need.