Battery Upgrade price
    Go To Post #1
(05-20-2017, 12:04 AM)Sniffy Wrote: Any conjecture on the price of the battery upgrade?  The 70 mile range does not leave much breathing room on my 60 mile daily round trip.

Yes, speed does affect range. If you drive at 55 mph you will be able to drive further than at 70mph.

Temperature also affects range (if you have 70 miles range when the temp is 68 degrees, you will have 60 (or less) when the (battery) temp is 50, and even less if the (battery) temp is 35.

I second the idea of trying to talk the employer into installing a (pay) charger. Ask around, drive/walk thru the parking lot and leave cards on the windshields of the EVs you see with your contact info and "hey, I'd like to get charging stations installed here - are you interested in talking about it?"

ChargePoint are far from the only vendors of charge stations.
    Go To Post #1
When I rented "The Duck" yesterday, they told me it had approximately a 70 mile range at 55 MPH. Well, I was tootling around town and rarely got above 40. Based on the changing battery level, I think if I had used the battery to its capacity, I would have gotten around 90 miles.

But take that with a grain of salt. I didn't actually run down the battery, and driving conditions/temperature/etc can affect that. It's just one data point.