Hitch option for cargo carriers
    Go To Post #1
I agree. The SRK is going to be so FUNctional for a variety of uses within it's two range options.

Go To Post #1
(06-28-2017, 03:48 PM)DanCooper Wrote: Good point.  I don't have a spec for the maximum power for the charger on the SRK.  6 kW would power it at 30-35 mph.

Most EVs refuse to drive while charging - I doubt that the SRK will be any different.

(06-28-2017, 06:37 PM)DanCooper Wrote: {...} speed limit 60 mph, but at that speed I calculate the range to be 27 miles for the base battery.  {...}.

Isn't the base battery 12 kWh? By 'range' you must mean *half* of a round trip, correct? (54 miles total to get there and get home).

My Spark EV gets close to 5 m/kWh at 58-60 mph on flat ground - I would expect the SRK to get about the same (or better) - unless the CX is significantly worse on the SRV (which it might be, come to think of it, with no doors on the base model).
    Go To Post #1
My simulation, based on the specifications I have and best guesses on everything else, shows the SRK getting 2.6 m/kWh at 55 mph. This is with a Cd estimate of 0.6 for open sides. The Spark EV is specified as a range of 82 miles and a battery of 19 kWh. That would give 4.3 m/kWh at some unspecified speed. If your Spark is really getting 5 m/kWh at 58-60 mph it is doing better than its specifications. Maybe the SRK would too. The SRK specified range comes to 5.8 m/kWh.

I have made my estimates to be conservative because I want to be honest and because I want an estimate of what trips would be practical in the SRK without pushing the limits. And I really don't trust range specifications that don't tell what speed they were measured at.
    Go To Post #1
I need to be able to haul bundles of mail to the post office for my work.  I am thinking of something like this small motorcycle trailer painted to match my FUV.

Cheers
    Go To Post #1
I am planning on pulling my boat with the FUV . I do it with my Mazda EV pickup. Just wait- I will have a picture shortly after getting back with the FUV.
[Image: heading_home_2.jpg]
By the way it is a folding trimaran - Farrier design built 2005-2007. Our second tri- first was launched in  '95
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-11-2018, 06:07 AM)PAX Wrote: I am planning on pulling my boat with the FUV . I do it with my Mazda EV pickup. Just wait- I will have a picture shortly after getting back with the FUV.
[Image: heading_home_2.jpg]
By the way it is a folding trimaran - Farrier design built 2005-2007. Our second tri- first was launched in  '95

Tongue That boat hooked up to a FUV would result in a serious case of the tail wagging the dog.
    Go To Post #1
I will only transport the boat at 5-7 mph for about an 1/8 mile.
    Go To Post #1
(04-12-2018, 12:37 AM)PAX Wrote: I will only  transport the boat at 5-7 mph for about an 1/8 mile.

with your FUV?  You need the hitch option and more importantly don’t  void your warranty. Smile

Go To Post #1
(06-28-2017, 06:00 PM)shome Wrote: I cannot see myself pulling a trailer of any type using the Arcimoto.  Nor would I pull a generator.  Thinking about it, a spare battery that I could plug into a hitch electrical connection would give me a little more confidence in case I was stranded.   I don't see that as likely but a spare battery would be good insurance when I forget to recharge.

A hitch without an electrical connection would allow me to use my existing carrier solutions rather than buy an Arcimoto-only solution.  A hundred pounds of stuff off the hitch would be plenty for me.  I may have to fab my own hitch without electrical for my 2018 SRK.

Being able to pull a trailer will be a must for my FUV.  I need to haul multiple bins of mail to the Post Office.  I will want to use my FUV for this purpose several days/week.  Sometimes several trips in one day.
[Image: UMBT1_cargo_trailer.jpg]
Something like this, painted to match the orange color scheme on my FUV. Or I might just build a micro teardrop trailer to haul the mail.
Cheers,
    Go To Post #1
I pull a motorcycle trailer made by Mini-Trailer USA behind my Silverwing.

[Image: trailer0001.jpg]

I intend to pull it behind my FUV. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post