Hitch option for cargo carriers
    Go To Post #1
(04-16-2018, 08:57 PM)jimball Wrote: I pull a motorcycle trailer made by Mini-Trailer USA behind my Silverwing.

[Image: trailer0001.jpg]

I intend to pull it behind my FUV. Cool

Directing everyone to Eric's input: http://srkowners.com/showthread.php?tid=...86#pid3186
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Although I have no interest in towing with my FUV myself I know many of you are so I thought I would post this pic of an early, circa 1950, BMW three wheel car and trailer. If it worked then it will work for the FUV.
[Image: FB_IMG_1527631843002.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
Perhaps Arcimoto will offer along with the current surfboard/bike rack options a receiver hitch cargo platform, a rear mounted luggage rack, or covered  pickup bed option for that occasional COSTCO run or limited range camping trip requiring a little more cargo space for those that don’t have room to store a trailer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go To Post #1
Again I don't know anything about towing but I know there has been some discussions on how to mount the hitch to the FUV. I spotted a bicycle today pulling a two wheeled trailer that mounted to one side of the rear wheels axle. It looked like it was a good setup. Could be a good spot on the FUV rear left side of the swing arm for the hitch. I don't know how being on the un-sprung weight will affect things but could be worth consideration.
    Go To Post #1
Found these on Twitter. It's just a proof-of-concept, but it works and the FUV apparently still handles well.

[Image: IMG_20180817_125911.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20180817_125918.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
(08-17-2018, 09:29 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Found these on Twitter.  It's just a proof-of-concept, but it works and the FUV apparently still handles well.

Looks like a good design from afar.
    Go To Post #1
(08-17-2018, 09:29 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Found these on Twitter.  It's just a proof-of-concept, but it works and the FUV apparently still handles well.

Most excellent news!  The availability, or lack thereof, of a trailer hitch is something of a deal breaker for me.  I do not work, so just using the FUV as a commuter vehicle does not fit my needs.  Seeing Arcimoto actively working on a solution is great.
    Go To Post #1
I believe that they are working on a small pivoting wheel trailer set up also.  Not to pat myself on the back but it is based on my suggestion. 
Just as an aside,-- the Arcimoto is a bit hard to back up, at least for me, and with a trailer  I suspect it will be really tough.  I am use to using my mirrors for backing up. I am good at backing vehicles and with trailers too. Over 22 years i have launched, retrieved and backed my boat into its parking spot about 1000 times.   The issue I have is due to the rear tapering in and there is no easy line of reference for where the rear of the vehicle is going. If I were to use the ball type of trailer I would put a flag on a pole on each side at correct distance out to give a line of sight.  Even if the driver were to turn their head there is no direct view towards the rear as the seat backs are in the way.   Best thing I can think of is a reverse camera set up.
[+] 1 user Likes PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
Hah, yes, backing up is definitely a challenge. And do I have a story about that.

The big rear door of Arcimoto's old shop has a very poorly-positioned support pole directly in front of it. Not close enough to make the door unusable, but close enough so that when they asked me to back Alpha 1 out of it on a test drive a couple years back, I performed a quite embarrassing 17-point turn to get around that pole. I nearly gave up.

It wasn't until recently that I realized that duh, it's because of the taper. You get used to it, apparently; the A-Team can back those things up like nobody's business.

Don't ask me to back up with a trailer though. Just don't.
    Go To Post #1
I’m looking forward to the challenge. I just love to back things up.
[+] 1 user Likes CreativeGuy's post