IPO Celebration
    Go To Post #1
Hah, that would be awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing about their plans for those. I imagine a bunch will go to the employees.
    Go To Post #1
Yes, it would be awesome to be one of the 50 pilot club members.  

I noticed Arcimoto's facebook reply to an unhappy Elio reservationist about an upcoming announcement regarding a possible bonus offer for Elio and perhaps other vehicle reservation holders.   I hope it's not a reservation match similar to Electra Meccanica's program.

Go To Post #1
I saw that too. It would be a fantastic move for them if they put a bunch out on the road and then reached out to disgruntled Elio customers with some kind of incentive.

The most common comments on social media are to the effect of "This is just like Elio." The A Team has a fantastic opportunity to turn that around and get thousands of new customers in the process.
    Go To Post #1
I've been providing Elio forum members with information regarding the SRK & SOLO for a couple of years.  Most seem to be anti-ev, have range anxiety issues, think the base SRK is overpriced compared to Elio's base price, and most indicate little interest to the point that the moderators asked me to stop posting positive Arcimoto progress reports. Smile  However, a few have crossed over to the light side and see the SRK and or the SOLO as a viable option should Elio fail to deliver.  I question vast numbers (thousands) of the Elio ICE mentalities becoming future SRK owners with all their current angst.  

A discount marketing incentive could be seen as a negative by early reservation holders.  Also, possibly negatively impact Arcimoto's already lower profit margins of a typical direct to consumer sales model.  I trust the A Team has weighed the pluses and minuses of such a marketing campaign.

Go To Post #1
Interesting. Range anxiety isn't a real problem for me, so I wasn't thinking of that as a potential deal-breaker for an Elio reservationist. We'll just have to see what the A Team comes up with.
    Go To Post #1
At present, commuters in most European cities are confronted with traffic congestion and tailbacks that make the price of a small, urban EV that could possibly decrease daily commutes by even a small amount negligible. That is why Mercedes can price their Smart 4two in the same bracket as a medium class, family car. Price is not the primary factor. The question of increased utility is probably decisive.

Initial interest shown in the Lit C-1 would seem to prove my point.
    Go To Post #1
Email from Arcimoto 09-15-17...

Today’s the day, folks! We are 12 hours away from closing what has turned out to be a phenomenally successful Reg A+ IPO. When we went out with our first offering document in June, we aimed to raise $10 million in order to fund the first phase of our go-to-production plan. By the end of the day today we’ll have raised nearly double that, providing the juice we need to enter production and begin aggressively scaling.
To everyone who has pitched in, you have our sincere thanks. This round has been powered, not by the world of venture and institutional finance, but by regular investors who have put their hard-earned coin into a venture they believe in.
To everyone who hasn’t pitched in… it’s not too late! You have until midnight tonight, Pacific Daylight Time, to make your investment at http://arcimoto.com/invest.
Our revised filing is now live on the SEC website here: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1558583/000114420417047922/v475101_partiiandiii.htm. The major changes introduced from our qualified Form 1-A reflect our plan to list publicly on NASDAQ under the ticker 'FUV' immediately following the conclusion of this offering: additional disclosures and risk factors relating to being a public company, and a reformatting of the document in S-1 format. There is one other neat bit that we added that we’ll draw attention to, since it’s buried in the document itself:
Qualified Small Business Stock
“To the best of its knowledge, the company is, as of the date hereof, and will be, as of the date of the relevant closing, a “qualified small business” within the meaning of Section 1202(d) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”), and the company believes that the offered stock should qualify as “qualified small business stock” as defined in Code Section 1202©. Consequently, purchasers of the offered stock (other than corporations) that meet the more than 5-year holding period as specified in Code Section 1202(a) may be eligible to exclude from gross income for federal income tax purposes 100 percent of any gain realized on a future sale or exchange of the offered securities and to receive an equivalent preference for federal alternative minimum tax purposes. This exclusion is limited in any one taxable year to the greater of (i) the aggregate of $10,000,000 with respect to one issuer, reduced by previously claimed amounts with respect to that issuer, or (ii) 10 times the aggregate basis of any qualified small business stock issued by that issuer and disposed of by the purchaser during the taxable year.
Under Code Section 1045(a), purchasers of qualified small business stock have an election whereby they may also be able to avoid or limit recognition of taxable gain if they sell qualified small business stock after holding it for more than six months and, within 60 days of such sale, acquire other qualified small business stock. In such circumstance, capital gains income is recognized only to the extent that the sale proceeds exceed the cost of the replacement qualified small business stock reduced by any amount previously claimed under Code Section 1045.
As of the date hereof (or as of the date of the relevant Closing): (i) the company expects that at least 80 percent (by value) of the assets of the company will be used by the company in the active conduct of a “qualified trade or business” (as defined in Code Section 1202(e)(3), (ii) the company expects that no more than 10 percent of the total value of its assets will consist of real property which is not used in the active conduct of a qualified trade or business, (iii) the company expects to be an “eligible corporation” as defined in Code Section 1202(e)(4), (iv) the company will not have made any purchases of its own stock during the one-year period preceding the relevant closing having an aggregate value exceeding five percent of the aggregate value of all of its stock as of the beginning of such period and does not expect to do so for at least one year following the date of the relevant closing, and (v) the company’s aggregate gross assets, as defined by Code Section 1202(d)(2), at no time between the formation of the company and through the relevant closing have exceeded, or will exceed, $50 million, taking into account the assets of any corporations required to be aggregated with the company in accordance with Code Section 1202(d)(3); provided, however, that in no event shall the company be liable to purchasers of the offered stock for any damages arising from any subsequently proven or identified error in the company’s determination with respect to the applicability or interpretation of Code Section 1202 unless such determination shall have been given by the company in a manner that was either negligent or fraudulent.”
This qualification gives long-term investors in Arcimoto’s IPO the potential for a significant tax advantage that those who purchase stock in the aftermarket won’t receive.
Red, Green and Blue
Finally, Jeremy Bloom of Red, Green and Blue caught up with our founder, Mark Frohnmayer, earlier this week to check in on the progress of the Signature Series and the IPO. You can read the interview here:
http://redgreenandblue.org/2017/09/14/nathan-fillion-gets-spaceship-arcimotos-revolutionary-ev-fun-utility-vehicle-wraps-successful-ipo/
We wish you all a great weekend, and look forward to the acceleration phase ahead.
To the starting line!
Team Arcimoto

An offering statement regarding this offering has been filed with the SEC. The SEC has qualified that offering statement, which only means that the company may make sales of the securities described by the offering statement. It does not mean that the SEC has approved, passed upon the merits or passed upon the accuracy or completeness of the information in the offering statement. You may obtain a copy of the offering circular that is part of that offering statement here.
You should read the offering circular before making any investment.
The offering materials may contain forward-looking statements and information relating to, among other things, Arcimoto, Inc., its business plan and strategy, and its industry. These forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of, assumptions made by, and information currently available to the company’s management. When used in the offering materials, the words “estimate,” “project,” “believe,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “expect” and similar expressions are intended to identify and constitute forward-looking statements. These statements reflect management’s current views with respect to future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause the company’s actual results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. The company does not undertake any obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after such date or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
This email was sent by Team Arcimoto at Arcimoto, Inc. - 544 Blair Blvd. Eugene, OR 97402.
    Go To Post #1
According to their circular, their debt is way less than $10 mil (something on the order of 300k, I think?). The vast majority of the money is intended for development and production. Totally cause for celebration.
    Go To Post #1
From Arcimoto early this morning...

"Welcome to the starting line."

"THANK YOU!
Many thanks to all of you, our supporters, believers and investors, who have delivered the largest pure-crowd fundraise for a vehicle company. We raised almost $20M in just over a month. The most exciting part of all of this effort, aside from the overwhelming vote of confidence from the community, is that we can now build out and move into our new factory location, ramp up the production line, and deliver vehicles to our early customers - including those who have been patiently following for multiple years. All hyperbole aside, this is the single most significant milestone for Arcimoto to date, and we have you to thank for it.
FUN UTILITY HITS NASDAQ TODAY!
The success of this raise means we have far surpassed the basic requirements to list on the Nasdaq Capital Market, and trading starts this morning (Thursday, September 21) at 8:30am PDT (11:30am EDT) under the ticker ‘FUV’! We are honored and proud to join ranks with Tesla (NSDQ:TSLA) as the only publicly traded pure electric vehicle companies on the exchange.
Anyone who was unable to join us in the Regulation A round due to brokerage restrictions or for any other reason will now be able to easily purchase stock through any standard brokerage account. Please join us as an investor as we create and deliver the world’s first Fun Utility Vehicle.
BRINGING BACK THE POWER LUNCH
Our Founder and President, Mark Frohnmayer, will be back on CNBC for Power Lunch, live from Portland, Oregon tomorrow morning at 10:40am PDT (1:40pm EDT) to celebrate the successful round and the listing on Nasdaq. Tune in for this momentous occasion!
Welcome to the starting line!
Team Arcimoto
This email was sent by Team Arcimoto at Arcimoto, Inc. - 544 Blair Blvd. Eugene, OR 97402."
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.