The Glorious Northeast
    Go To Post #1
(04-17-2018, 04:48 PM)Rickb Wrote: As a city dweller,  I will rarely use mine in a high speed highway driving environment.

I'm probably an outlier here, asking the FUV to do something is really wasn't intended for. I do like pushing the envelope!

(04-17-2018, 07:28 PM)ricschug Wrote: Of course if a lot of long distance rides are planned then I would take my trike and not the FUV.

I am eagerly awaiting some owner input for true highway numbers. What type of trike do you have?
    Go To Post #1
(04-19-2018, 12:48 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: I'm probably an outlier here, asking the FUV to do something is really wasn't intended for.  I do like pushing the envelope!

I am eagerly awaiting some owner input for true highway numbers.  What type of trike do you have?

95 Goldwing/Mototrike coversion
[+] 1 user Likes ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
Well, here we go. I am getting rid of my two old cars (Toyota Matrix and Mazda Protege), and bought a 2015 Subaru Legacy. Sweet car. This does a few things. On the good side, I have two vehicles (Legacy and Yukon) that will get me through whatever weather Massachusetts throws at me. That is priority one. Priority two is good gas mileage, which the Legacy is rated at 36 mpg, but I think I can eke out more. This sets me up for the freedom of a fun utility vehicle. On the downside, I now have car payments that will take me well into next year. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Another good note: the Legacy has an mpg meter. In backroads driving today, I was averaging mid-40s. Plus, I will be experimenting with a non-highway, backroads route to get to work. The highway trip is 94 miles. According to Google Maps, the back route is only 75. A 15 minute longer drive, but mostly 40 mph speeds. Much more conducive to the FUV's capabilities. So, there is hope.

My vehicle stress is gone, and my path towards an FUV seems more clear.
[Image: 20180508_134811.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(05-08-2018, 09:34 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: Another good note: the Legacy has an mpg meter.  In backroads driving today, I was averaging mid-40s.  Plus, I will be experimenting with a non-highway, backroads route to get to work.  The highway trip is 94 miles.  According to Google Maps, the back route is only 75.  A 15 minute longer drive, but mostly 40 mph speeds.  Much more conducive to the FUV's capabilities.  So, there is hope.

Sounds like you have worked out a good alternative to the freeway speed issue.
    Go To Post #1
(09-12-2017, 02:41 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: Western Mass is a beautiful place.  No mile high mountains, but enough hills to keep life and travel  interesting.  I'm expecting a great 3-season vehicle.  I don't expect the SRK to do well in snow and ice, but I will certainly give it a shot and hope for the best.

Dear AC,

Boston-area interested party here. Have you done any homework regarding what regulations Massachusetts might mandate for an FUV? e.g. Helmet requirement? Motorcycle license requirement? MOR-EV rebate availability? Insurance categorization? etc.

Also, have you investigated what it will cost to ship an FUV across the country?

Curious minds want to know!
Michael
    Go To Post #1
1) This isn't Arcimoto's website - it is a personal project of love.

2) I seem to recall that something was posted on this site a while back about tri-wheel requirements in the 50 states. I bet you could very easily find it (or similar info from another source) using google.
    Go To Post #1
MJS - I already have a motorcycle license, but you will need one, and a helmet, to operate an FUV.

I'm waiting until my number gets closer to research the rest. So much changes over time, like costs for shipping, and available rebates. It all depends on timing.

I tried to talk to my insurance agent last year. He wanted hard facts from an established, functioning company with an actual vehicle for sale.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
(01-04-2019, 02:08 AM)AnimalCage Wrote: MJS - I already have a motorcycle license, but you will need one, and a helmet, to operate an FUV.  

I'm waiting until my number gets closer to research the rest.  So much changes over time, like costs for shipping, and available rebates.  It all depends on timing.

I tried to talk to my insurance agent last year.  He wanted hard facts from an established, functioning company with an actual vehicle for sale.

Yeah, I have a motorcycle license here in MA too. So I know the drill. Was just wondering if my wife might be able to drive it without a MC license which would be a big deal. Cross our fingers. Enjoy the ride!
    Go To Post #1
My wife wants to drive as well. No mc license, so we're in the same boat.
    Go To Post #1
My wife and I will be taking the MC endorsement test together after the official FUV order is placed.  Hoping for a handlebar amendment to the State’s autocycle definition so we don’t have to take it, but doubt that will happen in time.  Only a minor inconvenience and a good to know the motorcycle rules of the road from a safe riding perspective.