The Glorious Northeast
    Go To Post #1
Obviously not as long as some of you. Had a car, truck, and motorcycle, so wasn't looking for a while. When the truck and motorcycle departed last year, I started looking at alternative transportation. Elio was the first that I wanted to put money on. Wasn't sold on fully electric, so Arcimoto never hit my radar until recently. But once I see what I want, I want it NOW!!
    Go To Post #1
Ha!  I wanted it NOW back in 2010. Smile  With that said, I'm happy to have waited because the SRK has evolved into one design and engineering masterpiece, a totally new class of vehicle.  I share your enthusiasm for the SRK!

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I wasn't going to, but I caved. Emailed Arcimoto... my reservation number is 1570, a whole 40 sooner than I estimated!! Expected delivery in Q1 2019. Guess I'll have a set of Blizzaks waiting!
    Go To Post #1
Its amazing how much reserving an FUV is affecting my car purchasing plans. I recently purchased a GMC Yukon for the really bad weather. After finding out my reservation is Q1 2019, my hope was that my Toyota Matrix with 191,000 miles would last at least until then. Alas, I got the bad news yesterday that there was too much rust on the rear wheel backplates behind the emergency brakes, both sides. Unsafe to drive, and a minimum of $1500 to repair. I loved my Matrix, but its time to say goodbye.

This puts me in a quandary. I have a small loan on the Yukon that I was going to pay off in April. The commute for my new job will be 475 miles a week, and the Yukon's 13 mpg isn't going to cut it. Now I need a small efficient vehicle for commuting until the FUV arrives. Normally I could get a newer car with a larger loan, like a recent Prius. But if I want to save for an FUV, I want (need) to have both vehicles paid for, then save my $1,000 down.

I don't like feeling forced into decisions like this, but at least we have Annie Sue (the Yukon) to get us through. What the bridge vehicle turns out to be is TBD. My budget tells me April 6th is buy-a-car day. All this will be worth it when the FUV is unloaded in my driveway!
    Go To Post #1
I feel your dilemma as well... foolishly hoped for the FUV by this summer and now realise we'll be lucky to have it by Q1 2018.
Breaking down and purchasing a 2003 minivan for $2k as my "bridge vehicle" tomorrow.
Strange thought of going large when all my thoughts have been for small and fuel efficient but...
The e-bike lifestyle doesn't haul concrete and lumber from Home Depot and neither would the FUV plus shuttling my 84yo mother around town in the FUV (or the back of my e-bike), while possible, would not be my first choice.
And at $2k when the ancient beast breaks down I can get a minimum of $500 in metal value from the junk yard.
    Go To Post #1
Our junk yards are doing $60. For anything. I may donate it or put it on craigslist. You are correct. Its odd that I have a Yukon and I'm looking at a Jeep Liberty that my mechanic has. What happened to my push for green living? Ugh. It does make some sense. If the roads are terrible, and I have the Yukon at work, my wife would still be able to get around confidently with a Liberty, or the Ford Escape they have for the same price. Mid-twenties mpg, so no worse than my Matrix. At least there's some consolation.
    Go To Post #1
(03-09-2018, 12:58 PM)dmapes Wrote: Breaking down and purchasing a 2003 minivan for $2k as my "bridge vehicle" tomorrow.

I bought this less than a year ago for $1700. Four months ago, I found another 2003.
It also has a perfect body and only has 60K on the motor.
It's white. Bought it for $1600.

It's good to have a spare.
Click on the thumbnails to enlarge...

[Image: caravan1low.jpg] [Image: caravan2.jpg] [Image: caravan3.jpg]
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Dang, I had to buy a bridge vehicle a couple years ago. But with a kid and two jobs (so no time to do a proper search) and no used vehicle expertise to speak of, I ended up getting a clunker for $3000 and I have had to put at least that much into it in repairs since then. It is now literally falling apart and I'm just praying it lasts me till my order number comes up.

Help me Arcimoto, you're my only hope </Leia>
    Go To Post #1
(03-09-2018, 05:41 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: I bought this less than a year ago for $1700. Four months ago, I found another 2003.
It also has a perfect body and only has 60K on the motor.
It's white. Bought it for $1600.

Click on the thumbnails to enlarge...

[Image: caravan1low.jpg] [Image: caravan2.jpg] [Image: caravan3.jpg]
Dale, you get the car-shopper of the year award!  Perhaps you should offer a car locator service to locate reliable low cost bridge vehicles for those members waiting on their FUV deliveries. Smile

Go To Post #1
(03-08-2018, 11:15 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: Its amazing how much reserving an FUV is affecting my car purchasing plans.

You make it sound like Western Mass is part of the Arctic Circle.
If you didn't need a snow pusher, I'd suggest you look for a 5-speed 60mpg Honda Insight hybrid.
1999 - 2006. Aluminum. Have yet to see one with rust on the body. Many are still running @ 250K+ miles.
With that long of a commute, the 60mpg should save you some money.

The amazing part is you can usually find a nice one for around $3500.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.