SRK Compliance and Certification
    Go To Post #1
Arcimoto indicated that motorcycle manufacturers self certify their vehicles, but will use a third party to verify and validate that self certification process.   

I ass.u.me that means the A Team designed, engineered, and built the SRK from the ground up to meet USA and or worldwide certification requirements.  However, Arcimoto replied today that they will use a third party to verify their self certified SRK sometime during the Pilot Fleet assembly.  It sounds like verification is an informal process that would take little time to complete.  

Hopefully, the SRK was engineered to meet 'Worldwide Certification' requirements so that it can truly be a 'World Car'.

Go To Post #1
A year and a half later this is obviously not true Sad
    Go To Post #1
It more than likely is true. Smile The relatively short 11/2-2 year evolution of the Gen8 SRK reveal, to the Sig Series, the Betas, and the final production model in the process of the final round of FVMSS certification testing is an admirable timeline.

Arcimoto Engineers were aware of the motorcycle manufacturing requirements needed to certify the FUV. The center headlight requirement was likely the work in progress primary change. Certification testing hasn’t slowed the delivery process down because Team Arcimoto is still tooling for production and production scale. They are likely fabricating parts, frames, and various sub-assemblies and will start assembling retail evergreens on schedule. However, if the FMVSS official certification tag isn’t released by the end of April, Evergreen deliveries may delay. I’m impressed and happy with the progress made over the past couple years. Smile
Note: The Canadian based ElectraMeccanica Solo had the same center headlight issue during their 11/2 year long USA motorcycle certification process.........no center headlight requirement in Canada......so they offer 2 versions.......one with, one without.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Since Rickb mentioned ElectraMeccanica I noticed the last episode of FLASH had two of their Solos show up in a flash-forward scene (at least 18 years in the future) decked out as police vehicles. Those two didn't have center headlights. Perhaps Arcimoto should offer up their FUV variations for product placement in the TV/Movie industry. Might help generate more reservations. Just a thought.

4D
    Go To Post #1
(04-18-2019, 10:12 AM)4dthinker Wrote: Since Rickb mentioned ElectraMeccanica I noticed the last episode of FLASH had two of their Solos show up in a flash-forward scene (at least 18 years in the future) decked out as police vehicles. Those two didn't have center headlights. Perhaps Arcimoto should offer up their FUV variations for product placement in the TV/Movie industry. Might help generate more reservations. Just a thought.

4D
What, Markey Mark and Captain Mal isn’t good enough for you? Wink
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
(04-18-2019, 10:12 AM)4dthinker Wrote: Since Rickb mentioned ElectraMeccanica I noticed the last episode of FLASH had two of their Solos show up in a flash-forward scene (at least 18 years in the future) decked out as police vehicles. Those two didn't have center headlights.  Perhaps Arcimoto should offer up their FUV variations for product placement in the TV/Movie industry.  Might help generate more reservations.  Just a thought.

4D
It would be cool to see Nathan Fillion driving his FUV or in a background shot in a “Rookie” episode.  Most people wouldn’t notice, care, or know why center headlights are a motorcycle requirement.

How the center headlight integration evolved on both three wheeler prototypes to reach the starting line:

Center headlight integration was nicely done:

[Image: 9-A40-C07-A-0-A5-D-47-BD-AD17-506961-CEA670.jpg]

Go To Post #1
The Flash is filmed in Canada, which is why the Solos they used didn't have to have center headlights.

The US requirement to have center headlights if a motorcycle seems pretty vague to me though. The only language I can find is that when two headlights are used they be equal distance from the center and not off-center. The original placements appeared to be equally distance from the center to me.

4D
    Go To Post #1
The NHTSA Manufacturer Requirements for mortorcycles is pretty specific in terms of FMVSS certification requirements. https://www.nhtsa.gov/DOT/NHTSA/Rulemaki...pkg002.pdf

[Image: 49-E986-AA-BE9-F-4517-A06-F-170-B751-C11-CB.jpg]

Go To Post #1
Looks like there is no requirement for a center headlamp, and no specification on how far apart two headlamps must be.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
It seems each state might have different requirements so the space between headlamps might be found somewhere else. I did find that they can only have up to 3 lights so making the two outside lights yellow takes care of that.