LA Auto Show 2017
    Go To Post #1
Paravil, You don't have to let go of the motorcycle handlebars, the joy and ability to get there faster, park in smaller spaces, and eliminate fuel costs completely.......GO FUV!  It is a three wheel motorcycle.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_9652.JPG (Size: 31.41 KB / Downloads: 98)

Go To Post #1
A couple of thoughts on this -

Eugene is a heavily bike-oriented town. There are bike lanes and paths everywhere and we DO have bike bridges! Four across the river and two across highways. Certain commutes are actually faster here by bike than by car. But there still aren't a whole lot of people taking advantage of that in the winter. It just doesn't seem to be the typical American mindset. I was a bike commuter myself for years, but only from about May to October.

Mark himself talked about being a bike commuter - but it just wasn't ideal on certain situations like getting groceries or going all the way across town (10-15 miles here), which is one of the things that led him to come up with the FUV.
    Go To Post #1
Los Angeles Times on the FUV at the show...

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la...story.html
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Much more including great pictures like the shot of the dash here...

https://insideevs.com/arcimoto-flaunts-i...auto-show/
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
(12-02-2017, 07:02 PM)Rickb Wrote: WOW!  Ready to swap a new motor design into the next batch of 50 FUVs.  It keeps getting better and better!

I don't know whether to cry or be joyful. New motor out after I get my Signature series. Kind of the way it goes for me. I built two trimarans -semi high performance sail boats. Both times right, after I finished the boat the designer came out with an upgrade that increased the performance. Too late for me. Crap and now Arcimoto is looking at upgrading the motors to more efficient ones. Ah - thus is life. I wonder what it will take to put these in the SS ones.
    Go To Post #1
"Plans are already in place to swap a new motor design into the next 50-unit batch of vehicles."
Seeing as how there is only one FUV and the next three weren't completed yet and were under wraps...
I'm interpreting that to mean they're planning to put the new motor into the FIRST 50 units built after Marks.

I'd really be surprised if they didn't do whatever they have to do to fit the new motor into Mark's FUV as soon as they've got one.

I don't think they'll leave you hanging with a lesser motor PAX. At least I hope that's the way it's going to go.
    Go To Post #1
They did put a Sig Series gearbox into one of the alphas. I would not be surprised if you got one of the new motors. But that's a question for them.
    Go To Post #1
(12-04-2017, 05:04 AM)PAX Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 07:02 PM)Rickb Wrote: WOW!  Ready to swap a new motor design into the next batch of 50 FUVs.  It keeps getting better and better!

I don't know whether to cry or be joyful. New motor out after I get my Signature series. Kind of the way it goes for me. I built two trimarans -semi high performance sail boats. Both times right, after I finished the boat the designer came out with an upgrade that increased the performance. Too late for me. Crap and now Arcimoto is looking at upgrading the motors to more efficient ones. Ah - thus is life. I wonder what it will take to put these in the SS ones.
I think Arcimoto will honor the SS owners to the best specs particularly battery and drivetrain component parts.  I wouldn't assume a downside at this point.  The 2 or 3 other SS FUVs at the AMP were partially complete and under wraps likely waiting on the new Motors prior to final assembly.  Check with Mark to verify their plan and let us know.

Go To Post #1
(12-04-2017, 05:57 AM)Rickb Wrote:

I think Arcimoto will honor the SS owners to the best specs particularly battery and drivetrain component parts.  I wouldn't assume a downside at this point.  The 2 or 3 other SS FUVs at the AMP were partially complete and under wraps likely waiting on the new Motors prior to final assembly.  Check with Mark to verify their plan and let us know.
 I didn't mean my post as a down side.It is the way things happen when in the development process. My boat is a blast to sail and i am sure the SS FUV will serve my purposes regardless of which motor it has.  My guess is that they bought all the SS motors in one purchase. Also the new motor may not even be available yet and the controller would need to be reconfigured at least a bit. I will be in contact with Arcimoto after LA show. Hopefully it is a drop in and minor reconfigure and can be switched out easily. It's only money- right.  Which is why I chose not to upgrade my sail boats but will upgrade the SS if possible.
    Go To Post #1
(12-04-2017, 11:13 PM)PAX Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 05:57 AM)Rickb Wrote:

I didn't mean my post as a down side.It is the way things happen when in the development process. My boat is a blast to sail and i am sure the SS FUV will serve my purposes regardless of which motor it has.  My guess is that they bought all the SS motors in one purchase. Also the new motor may not even be available yet and the controller would need to be reconfigured at least a bit. I will be in contact with Arcimoto after LA show. Hopefully it is a drop in and minor reconfigure and can be switched out easily. It's only money- right.  Which is why I chose not to upgrade my sail boats but will upgrade the SS if possible.
Arcimoto reply:   "all Signature FUVs will get the upgrade motor."