Nathan Fillion's FUV!
    Go To Post #1
(12-18-2017, 05:54 PM)paravil Wrote: `Surprisingly dry´ is not dry! As someone who does not own a car and uses a motorbike throughout the year, I can assure you that you will get cold and wet in a partially enclosed vehicle, even in light rain. I´m not all that impressed that `there is likely an engineer dedicating some time to completing the enclosure panels EVERY DAY.´ The SRK is not inexpensive and is sold without even showing a customer the finished product. We can´t (and most likely do not all want to) live in Florida or Africa. Either it´s sold with enclosure options .... or there just aren´t any!
Patrick, Had the enclosure panels been revealed along with the SS FUV, would this vehicle meet your needs?  The affordable $11,900 base model FUV is an open platform vehicle.  No optional enclosure needed to start production, so no delays during the wait.  The SS customers accepting delivery have test driven it and obviously like it to pay $42K as early adopters.    If the early adopter SS and/or the 50 Pilot Fleet customers require enclosure they can purchase the option later, or not,  if you choose to believe it won't be an option. To date Arcimoto's has done everything they said they were doing so are very credible from my perspective.

[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
That is one beautiful, kickass machine! Serenity lives!! I got plenty wet riding my motorcycles. How less wet in an FUV remains to be seen. How less cold remains to be seen. How less anything remains to be seen... What I'm looking for is how much more! How much more fun will I have than driving my car. How much more safe will I be than on two wheels. How much more money will I save from not buying gas. Today is HUGE people! Lets not forget how much pull Nathan Fillion's name will have, being associated with Arcimoto, and how much exposure there will be with a well-known face riding around in his very own, personal, non-test-drive FUV. Damn the cold! Damn the water! Put me in the driver's seat, and full speed ahead!!
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
I share your full speed ahead enthusiasm, however, the candyass I am prefers a warm dry enclosed cabin on my personal Kickass FUV during the nasty day rides. It's not a requirement for my initial purchase, but would like the opportunity to purchase the hardshell enclosure option in the near future.

Go To Post #1
I'm curious if the doors will be hard shell or frame and canvas. It seems like a canvas-style door with metal frame (similar to a Jeep) might be cheaper.  A hard shell is certainly interesting and offers greater protection from the elements, but I can't help thinking the cost would be significant.  Time will tell.
    Go To Post #1
I was told that these numbers are completely ballpark, but 1000 for soft enclosure, 2000 for hard and 700 for the hard case trunk.
    Go To Post #1
(12-19-2017, 07:16 AM)Tightapex Wrote: I'm curious if the doors will be hard shell or frame and canvas. It seems like a canvas-style door with metal frame (similar to a Jeep) might be cheaper.  A hard shell is certainly interesting and offers greater protection from the elements, but I can't help thinking the cost would be significant.  Time will tell.
The good news is that both hard and soft shell are planned options.

Attached Files
.png   IMG_8363.PNG (Size: 203.24 KB / Downloads: 88)

Go To Post #1
Thank you, Rick for your written guarantee! How much can I sue you for in case of default?

(May I remind you that you previously promised enclosures for the first deliveries?)
    Go To Post #1
I was thinking about a simpler solution than the hard and soft shells. I prefer the open look and just want something in the event of bad weather. Think of a window roller shade or a tarp that can be velcro-ed, hooked or snapped onto the lower half of the frame. That seems inexpensive, reasonably effective and keeps the great open look of the Arcimoto. However, it does create another storage problem if you want to have the tarp with you - just in case.
    Go To Post #1
Half doors, like a Jeep. I like it. Sounds like something a workshop and some ingenuity could throw together until if/when an official version comes out. Something like that may depend on customer demand.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post
    Go To Post #1
My bet is the Arcimoto engineers are in the process of throwing something together and will be revealed soon.  My northern climate requires the full enclosure to keep dry and warm For year around rides.  Tropical climates may be suitable for half doors to keep the rider dry, but fully enclosed allows for the future AC which may be required in warm humid tropical/hot dry desert locations.