Dual front wheel drive
    Go To Post #1
Thanks Eric. And Welcome!
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
    Go To Post #1
Thanks to Eric F.! That is exactly what I needed. Am impressed (at last) and accept that this is a very clever solution. The Arcimoto´s becoming more and more my favorite. Now, all I need is DOORS!

BTW
Is this technical solution to be found anywhere else? And would the SRK run on just one motor (if needs be)?
    Go To Post #1
I am sure it would run on one motor, as long as the other wheel isn't locked up. Just go easy on the throttle. I think this is the most logical solution for a front wheel drive electric trike, so I expect others would be similar.

Doors would be nice in Winter, but the main thing I want to see is production. "Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go" - the sleigh did not have doors.
    Go To Post #1
... and neither does my motorbike. But it´s a LOT faster, can park anywhere, is better at filtering through traffic .... but I get cold and very wet most of the time at this time of year.

Would it have been too much to expect Arcimoto to have posted such a plausible solution on their blog (and keep us up to date once in a while)?
    Go To Post #1
(12-01-2016, 04:13 PM)paravil Wrote: ... and neither does my motorbike. But it´s a LOT faster, can park anywhere, is better at filtering through traffic   .... but I get cold and very wet most of the time at this time of year.

Would it have been too much to expect Arcimoto to have posted such a plausible solution on their blog (and keep us up to date once in a while)?
All you needed to do was ask the question on their Facebook page and they would have replied within a few hours.  I give them credit for posting the update video of the Gear Box, which is adequate information for most that don't require details on how it works.

Also, I believe Mark F's statement that they are in the process of designing and engineering a hinging mechanism to allow for convenient on/off function of the enclosure panels.  That hinging mechanism is probably more difficult to engineer than the panels.  The good news is that waiting on the proof of concept optional enclosure panels does not slow the SRK's base model production process down in any way.