Arcimoto History
    Go To Post #1
(01-24-2018, 04:16 AM)Kepesk Wrote: Tell me about it.  I tried to back up one of the alphas around a pole in my first test drive and I did an embarassing 18 point turning job because I couldn't get the hang of backing and turning with three wheels.

Yeah, during a test ride of the first handlebar version, they had two FUVs for test rides. They had them "angle parked" two across in one parallel parking spot. I did my test ride, went to back it in next to the other one, and I rubbed one of the front fenders against the other FUV.  Blush
    Go To Post #1
The only danger of a historical review is showing how many times the estimated release date of retail versions was " by the end of the year" or "this time next year". While reality is that most of us reservation holders won't get one this year. Throw in the "autonomous capability" feature also promised while as far as I can tell even the Evergreens have no hardware (cameras/sensors/etc.) in them that could enable such a feature. I'm not complaining and will wait patiently for a simple $12k FUV, but there is much to the story that isn't confidence building.

4D
    Go To Post #1
I respectfully disagree with your confidence building statement. I’ve been following Arcimoto for a decade and experienced the reveals of the Gen1-7 SRK strikeouts and the home run Gen8 SRK. The Gen8 platform is the only SRK that seriously peaked my interest. The others looked too heavy and car-like, not quick, agile, and fun to drive and had a higher MSRP. A short amount of time from the ah-ha moment Gen8 reveal to the scheduled June 2019 Evergreen FUV retail deliveries. I have confidence that Arcimoto brought the best vehicle to market and the FUV specs and options will continue to upgrade and expand over the years to come.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(05-07-2019, 03:10 PM)Rickb Wrote: I respectfully disagree with your confidence building statement. I’ve been following Arcimoto for a decade and experienced the reveals of the Gen1-7 SRK strikeouts and the home run Gen8 SRK.  The Gen8 platform is the only SRK that seriously peaked my interest.  The others looked too heavy and car-like, not quick, agile, and fun to drive and had a higher MSRP.  A short amount of time from the ah-ha moment Gen8 reveal to the scheduled June 2019 Evergreen FUV retail deliveries. I have confidence that Arcimoto brought the best vehicle to market and the FUV specs and options will continue to upgrade and expand over the years to come.

I had been following the Sparrow and Elio vehicles, and in particular, why they did not succeed in the marketplace. I really liked AM's evolution through the prototypes rather than coming out with the One Good Idea.  I also liked the higher performance (acceleration, top speed), which has that kind of marketing in common with the numerically successful Teslas. As I see it, Elio's problem is the assumption of huge sales at startup and assumed a large cost savings only gotten with large sales numbers. That kind of tooling is expensive and Elio hung their business plan on raising many hundreds of $millions. Therefore, I was impressed that AM has a manufacturing plan that makes money at low volume production.

And so, AM is the first company that I have ever bought stock in. Only 200 shares, but it's what I can afford.
[+] 2 users Like Dan21's post
    Go To Post #1
I followed the Sparrow too, and had email dialogue with Mike Corbin during his Sparrow2 do over. The Canadian based EMV bought the original Sparrow rights from Myer Motors to use in the development of their SOLO concept. Nice engineering/redesign of the Sparrow, but a single seat and too low for my old guys rule market demographic. Don’t get me started on EM (Elio Marketing) spending $141 Million with no driveable prototype. I received my Elio reservation refund immediately after EM failed to use the successful $15 Million Reg A+ funding round for their stated need, “ $13 Million needed to build 25 Elio engineering prototypes”.

Arcimoto did it right! They spent limited private funding efficiently on R&D and asked for simple no risk refundable $100 reservations to show interest. They always spent secured funding on stated needs and met their production milestone events.......sometimes took a little longer than planned, but stuff happens. Arcimoto is the first vehicle startup company I bought a small amount of high risk stock in as well. My small show of support for their initial Reg A+ roll out. I sensed during my AMP tour that the entire Arcimoto Team is dedicated to the company, the mission, the reservation holders, and the investors.....large and small.

Go To Post #1
(05-07-2019, 07:38 PM)Dan21 Wrote:  As I see it, Elio's problem is the assumption of huge sales at startup and assumed a large cost savings only gotten with large sales numbers. That kind of tooling is expensive and Elio hung their business plan on raising many hundreds of $millions. 

IMHO, Elio was nothing but a scam from the beginning.  I will not be at all surprised to eventually see criminal fraud charges brought against the founder.  Where's the money?
    Go To Post #1
Elio's price point is not plausible even for mass production, if you compare it to car and motorcycle prices. Promise the moon and deliver nothing, like in politics. The design concept is nice, though. It is a shame nobody is pursuing it realistically.
[+] 1 user Likes DanCooper's post
    Go To Post #1
Elio Motor’s never promised delivery. Politics? It’s the Millionaire and Billionaire politicians some vote into office that promise to make it better for the middle class, and then proceed to make it even better for the millionaires and billionaires and blame the other party. RickLogic: Don’t listen to what they say, watch what they do. That same Ricklogic applied to Elio Marketing with no R&D, no motors, and no driveable prototype which is why I asked for a refund and received my reservation deposit.

Arcimoto history good, Elio Marketing history bad.

Go To Post #1
(05-08-2019, 03:51 PM)Rickb Wrote: Arcimoto history good, Elio Marketing history bad.
Is that like “3 wheels good, 4 wheels bad”?

(05-07-2019, 05:17 AM)CharonPDX Wrote: Yeah, during a test ride of the first handlebar version, they had two FUVs for test rides. They had them "angle parked" two across in one parallel parking spot. I did my test ride, went to back it in next to the other one, and I rubbed one of the front fenders against the other FUV.  Blush
Backup camera to the rescue.
[+] 2 users Like harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Harriska2, Nope, actual history of both new startup’s efforts to bring their three wheeler concepts to market. I started following both about 10 years ago and had refundable reservation deposits on both. You would have to be familiar with EM’s history, but better not to discuss the details. Smile