New Category
    Go To Post #1
Sure, I'll put the ideas together that I posted here and send them to Arcimoto.
    Go To Post #1
>> hitch <<

Assuming a small bike, I wonder if a front wheel holder attached to the rear wheel assembly might work... minimal additional weight, less unsprung weight.

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
(10-11-2016, 02:39 AM)Kepesk Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 05:34 PM)DanCooper Wrote: A few more ideas I had, while riding my motorcycle in the colder weather.

A cabin heater isn't necessary.  It would use a lot of energy, and be useless if the cabin isn't enclosed.  What would make more sense would be to dress for the weather, with an electrically heated vest.  I presume there is an 12V supply for lights and accessories.  It should have at least 8A extra capacity for a couple of heated vests.

The fender mounting brackets should have two sets of holes - one for the normal 1 inch clearance, and one for additional clearance for chains.  I often need chains to get up the last mile coming home.  I don't need to go more than 15mph on that stretch.

A thermostatically controlled heater for the battery would help in cold weather, powered by AC when plugged in for charging.

A windshield wiper, if the Plexiglas windshield could take it without scratching.

All these things I could install myself, but it would be nice if they were available as standard or options.

If memory serves, battery temperature regulation and a windshield wiper will be standard features.  But please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know the windshield wiper will be standard, they answered that on Facebook.

Every Battery Management System I have seen monitors the temperature of the battery. Controlling temperature is a different story but they are using batteries used in Zero motorcycles so they should be able to get an idea of what is need from their experiences.
    Go To Post #1
A couple of comments to those not used to riding in miserable weather.

In addition to the design of the SRK keeping most of the water off of the occupants, if you don't already have them, factor in the cost of good riding gear if you are concerned.

The technology of riding garb has come a long way from the waxed barbour gear from the middle of the 20th century. I've made several multi thousand mile trips plus local commuting for most of my life and things kept getting better and better... you still have to enjoy being out doors though.

One question for arcimoto would be if 12v will be available. In addition to having 12v power for heated vests, heated handgrips make foul weather riding much nicer.

While a windshield wiper seems like a good idea, I assume the windshield is lexan or other plastic, so, wonder if they have some magic to deal with the scratching.

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
I was thinking about a small propane golf cart heater. They are small and fit right in the cup holder.

gregbinahurry
    Go To Post #1
Motorcycle was my only transportation for two years when I was a much younger man, so mine will have door's if I have to
make them myself.
    Go To Post #1
(11-14-2017, 11:06 PM)bevhoward Wrote: A couple of comments to those not used to riding in miserable weather.

In addition to the design of the SRK keeping most of the water off of the occupants, if you don't already have them, factor in the cost of good riding gear if you are concerned.

The technology of riding garb has come a long way from the waxed barbour gear from the middle of the 20th century.  I've made several multi thousand mile trips plus local commuting for most of my life and things kept getting better and better... you still have to enjoy being out doors though.

One question for arcimoto would be if 12v will be available.  In addition to having 12v power for heated vests, heated handgrips make foul weather riding much nicer.

While a windshield wiper seems like a good idea, I assume the windshield is lexan or other plastic, so, wonder if they have some magic to deal with the scratching.

Beverly Howard
The base FUV has heated seats, heated handgrips, and windshield wiper.

Go To Post #1
>> The base FUV has heated seats, heated handgrips, and windshield wiper. <<

Again, more valuable information from the first few hours on this forum... thanks!

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
.........and windshield defroster!

Go To Post #1
Wasn't there talk of having a tempered glass windshield in the signature series and production models?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.