New Category
    Go To Post #1
The link below lists the Spec changes on the Signature Series to include the new production model scratch resistant hard coated 'Polycarbonate' windshield clear like glass.  

https://www.arcimoto.com/2016/09/arcimot...mmer-2016/

The most significant is the mention of the new battery with the advantage of it's reduced size and 90% increased efficiency...........meaning a likely significant increase in range on both the base 70 mile and 140 mile option.

Go To Post #1
Ah, I see the confusion. The Alphas have older batteries and do not have the 70 mile capacity. That newsletter mentions an improved battery over the Alphas.

You might still be right on the increased capacity, but until we have official word, we just don't know.
    Go To Post #1
Confusing?  The Gen 8's are the Alphas (?) with the improvements made in the Signature Series/Production Models (?).  Sounds like the more efficient Ferisis battery specified since the original specified battery packs 70-140 mile range (?) is how I read it.  Am I confused?  Smile

Go To Post #1
Rick, I think you have it. Also, it is probably a bit more silicone valley continuous iteration style improvements rather than Detroit annual improvement style. All of the option configurations haven't been completed either. So we still have more changes to come as things continue to move to the hardest job, full production.
    Go To Post #1
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm totally rooting for your conclusion Rick. I'd love to be able to drive across the state to visit relatives in one of these.
    Go To Post #1
(11-15-2017, 11:00 PM)Kepesk Wrote: Oh don't get me wrong, I'm totally rooting for your conclusion Rick.  I'd love to be able to drive across the state to visit relatives in one of these.
I don't know about driving across the State Smile but if the base model 70 mile range has bumped to 100 miles due to the more efficient battery pack it will increase interest in the FUV dramatically for those having 70 mile range anxiety that wouldn't otherwise opt for the 140 mile battery upgrade.  

I hope the A Team updates the finalized production model specifications that answers the question.

Go To Post #1
(11-15-2017, 07:53 PM)Rickb Wrote: The link below lists the Spec changes on the Signature Series to include the new production model scratch resistant hard coated 'Polycarbonate' windshield clear like glass.  

https://www.arcimoto.com/2016/09/arcimot...mmer-2016/

The most significant is the mention of the new battery with the advantage of it's reduced size and 90% increased efficiency...........meaning a likely significant increase in range on both the base 70 mile and 140 mile option.

The quoted "update" from Arcimoto is from ... SUMMER 2016. I find it hard to believe that they would continue saying "70 mile range" for well over a year after tweaking the batteries.
    Go To Post #1
The signature series has the 20kwh batteries, at 140 mile range that's 7 miles per kwh which is pretty good. I believe it was stated that Mark's would go over 100 miles which makes sense, so I'm still thinking we will be in the 140 range on production models unless they incorporate some really new battery tech.
    Go To Post #1
>> hardened polycarbonate, very difficult to scratch <<

After over thirty years of maintaining aircraft windshields and canopies as well as motorcycle windshields and visors, that's kinda hard to buy.

In that case, the wiper is likely to get very little, if any use, when I get mine.

Thanks for the link.

Beverly Howard
    Go To Post #1
Is this anything or just marketing BS?   Optic Armour makes hard coat polycarbonate sound spaceage!  

http://www.opticarmorwindows.com/default.asp