Why You Like The FUV
    Go To Post #1
Ben, I would have purchased the Sparrow and the Tango. They were considered ‘clown cars’ or ‘dorky’ by some, but anything I drive is a chick magnet. It’s not all about the vehicle, but rather the driver. Smile

Go To Post #1
I don't know that I "like" the SRK - I haven't had a chance to drive one yet. I *am* intrigued and interested by the SRK however.

And for me, it all starts with the EV - i wanted a mostly-around-town vehicle that could be used on the highway in a pinch. The SRK looked to be one (of a very few choices) that would fit the bill.
    Go To Post #1
I would continue to like the FUV, even with the remote/slim chance I wouldn’t make the purchase after my test drive.  The FUV may or may not meet my driver comfort requirements for any vehicle I’ve ever purchased.  The FUV’s seat height, upright sitting position, and ease of ingress/egress appears comparable to my current SUV so I’m 90% certain it will meet my comfort level requirements and 100% certain it will meet/exceed my funtility requirements.

Go To Post #1
(03-04-2018, 05:11 PM)Rickb Wrote: Ben, I would have purchased the Sparrow and the Tango.   They were considered ‘clown cars’ or ‘dorky’ by some, but anything I drive is a chick magnet.  It’s not all about the vehicle, but rather the driver. Smile

IMHO a "chick car" and/or a "clown car" is all about ones perception,... 

FWIW for the longest time I drove an old diesel benz w/ a drivers side door that was hard to close, once it was opened,... so my simple solution for years was to enter/exit on the passanger side,... one health benefit of driving an old POS (piece of $hit) manual transmission benz was this vehicle made me do some body contortions (akin to various yoga positions) to get into the drivers seat, every time I drove it

finally had to give up the car (actually not all that long ago) when a bolt broke holding the oil filter canister lid "in place" (when I was driving it on the freeway),...in other words I blew the engine,... and it was too far gone for me to duct tape things back together

now I have another manual transmission benz,... a "respectable" roadster w/ out sun baked paint, it also has a working heating, A/C, radio, windshield wipers, etc. 

so now when I drove to some "fancy" places for meetings, etc., I no longer have to explain why I like my old comfortable "rolling parts car,..." or get crazy looks when I pull up in my ride

hopefully you see I really don't dive a damn what I drive because I have enough self confidence in myself not to want to use use a "fancy" car as a means to boost my ego

BTW the reason I didn't buy a GEM or a three wheel sparrow is because I reasoned they were unable to economically and/or mechanically accomplish the mission I want a vehicle to accomplish,... (in other words it wasn't because I thought it was a "chick" or "clown" car),... FYI the GEM being a golf car could not go up hills very fast,... I could ride a bike faster than a GEM could drive up some hills in my neighborhood,... and the sparrow had a low production run, so parts I figured would be an issue

having said my peace,.... think its important to point out, that if the FUV was seen by many as a "clown" car, it would not find much success in the marketplace!

just sayin,...
    Go To Post #1
The FUV has more of a spaceship-like quality and well received and reviewed by a wide range of demographic test drivers/riders with 2250 current reservations.  Arcimoto appears to be off to a good start on the road to prove public acceptance.

Go To Post #1
I like everything about the FUV and the FUVOwners Forum. Thanks Dale.

Such a long time without an update that I’m sensing the official FUV options list and enclosure panel reveal soon. I obviously need a progress fix.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
I'm certain there will be an update soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
I found Arcimoto when looking for electric Can-Am Spyder conversions a couple years ago. My parents bought a couple Spyders as empty nester gifts(my term) for themselves, and I have been driving electric for the last few years so I naturally was interested in what was available for electric 3 wheelers. The SRK series popped up and I was skeptical, since it was not in production yet. But I was very interested in the idea of a trike with a roll cage, as safety is one reason I am not a fan of regular motorcycles. That, plus the dual motor setup and the mention of adding doors got me thinking this would be a proper electric commuter vehicle almost year round here in the PNW. Kept my eye on them, but didn't put down a deposit.

Fast forward to late 2017, when they began delivery of signature series vehicles(Nathan Fillion) I decided it was time, and put down the deposit to reserve a spot for hopefully 2019.
[+] 1 user Likes GodFollower's post
    Go To Post #1
I found the FUV thru Facebook and quickly sent my hundred bucks!
I live in the hills of Northern California and I’m off grid.
It’s about 30 mile round trip to town with 7 miles of most weather hilly dirt road, 7 miles of highway and a few miles of errands in town.
I wanted something that could do the trip twice without recharging
I Love the open feeling of the FUV!
I intend to get the larger battery pack but weight is important.
I don’t think I’ll get doors. If it’s to miserable to use the FUV, I’ll just use the Subaru!
[+] 1 user Likes Mendojen's post
    Go To Post #1
To be honest, I prefer some of the older prototype versions. I prefer a steering wheel. I understand the reasons why they changed it, but still... The older ones were more dune-buggy looking. A bit more Mad Max. The current version is more snowmobile meets dune buggy and have a baby. It's the Peter Posture ramrod straight, motorcycle arm discomfort over long hauls I'm not crazy about. But, since this thread is about what we like, I'd say pretty much everything else. I still like the looks; just not wild about the handlebars versus a steering wheel. Certainly not a deal-breaker, and I'll probably end up PREFERRING the handlebars once I start driving it, but my gut reaction is that I'd rather have a steering wheel and be able to kick back a little.