Why You Like The FUV
    Go To Post #1
(04-04-2018, 05:04 PM)ben Wrote: agree, and wonder should there should be a "solid color" option for the roof panel (to match the front color panels of the vehicle)
Color matched, easily attachable/detachable much like the soon to be revealed hardshell enclosure panels.

Go To Post #1
Arcimoto has indicated a solar roof panel option perhaps there should be an active and non-active option.

Go To Post #1
I see there hasn't been much activity on this thread for awhile, so here's my story. I was a nerd kid in high school and built an electric bicycle of my own design. It had several bad features, but was a good learning experience. I've had motorcycles when I lived in interesting places but since moving to west Texas, the roads are too boring and the weather too hot to wear the safety gear. So that means I'm down to just 3 cars. Yeah, I'm a car guy on several levels. My daily driver is a Mazda Miata and I also have a Westfield (Lotus 7 replica) that I built from a kit when I got bored a few years ago. I'm an engineer so I appreciate efficiency and I am concerned about things that only a nerd engineer would care about. For example, my mailbox is a half mile away and I hate the idea of starting an IC engine just to shut it down in less than 1 mile. (Most engine wear is in the first 10 seconds of run, and there's more than average wear before the operating temperature gets to the design point, and the exhaust doesn't get hot enough to evaporate the water from the engine exhaust) I also live where to go anywhere further than my mailbox, I have to get onto a 75 MPH posted highway.  Finally, I spent some time designing a 3-wheel electric about 10 years ago using 10 each Optima yellow top batteries.
So my requirements are:
1) Electric for short trips.
2) blends with 75 MPH traffic
3) minimum 100 mile range so I never need to use public chargers
4) accelerates at least as fast as my Miata
5) not look too dorky (e.g. Sparrow)
6) affordable (certainly not a Tesla)
7) at least 3 wheels, as sharp turns on gravel on a motorcycle are becoming less fun to this old guy. And those wheels need to be 2 in front because in an emergency you may need to stop and steer at the same time and a tricycle will roll over much sooner than a tadpole.

I looked at the Elio after following the Sparrow and Aptera. I like AM's business plan that could use federal money, but doesn't *need* that money as Elio does. Just as Ferdinand Porsche built cars that he wanted to own, the Arcimoto is a car that I would want to own.
    Go To Post #1
Dan21, The Arcimoto seems to check all your personal wants/needs boxes.  I like their financially responsible business model over Elio’s in that their mission is clear, used limited funds for R&D, every Arcimoto team member is passionate about what they are doing, and they do what they say, evidenced by tangible production milestones met and vehicles delivered to paying customers. Most importantly, I experienced a test drive and toured the AMP a couple days ago.

One of the engineers that worked to develop the drive train and suspension said the Arcimoto handles like his wife’s Miata.

Go To Post #1
Arcimoto has been hitting milestones to production and Elio hasn't.
    Go To Post #1
I like that Arcimoto is a real company making real product in a real factory with real employees. Elio is none of those things and millions of dollars has evaporated from their accounts. When are people going to stop calling Elio a startup company and call it what it is - a scam.
    Go To Post #1
(03-25-2018, 08:39 PM)ricschug Wrote: From what Rickb posted it appears that a dolly will work but rear wheel wear could be a concern.
I forgot to mention that I would not use a dolly to tow anything for other than a short distance. Everyone I know who has used a dolly has not been very happy and eventually switch to towing flat or using a trailer.
This is what I just got to tow, (and store Goldie when I need my shop space). It's a tight fit but I don't have to worry about weather or road debris.
[Image: IMG_2674.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2673.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like CreativeGuy's post
    Go To Post #1
I just watched a YouTube video of a test drive. Most of the comments were negative, along the lines of its disadvantages compared to "normal" cars. But it seems to me that the comparisons should be made relative to a "normal" motorcycle. Bombardier has sold over 100,000 Can Am Spyders, which are more expensive than the Archimoto. Personally, I would much rather have the electric.
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/br...am-spyder/
    Go To Post #1
(11-11-2018, 09:34 PM)Dan21 Wrote: I just watched a YouTube video of a test drive. Most of the comments were negative, along the lines of its disadvantages compared to "normal" cars. But it seems to me that the comparisons should be made relative to a "normal" motorcycle. Bombardier has sold over 100,000 Can Am Spyders, which are more expensive than the Archimoto. Personally, I would much rather have the electric.
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/br...am-spyder/

I agree but also think that doors and a "carry " box on the back will change a lot of opinions.
[+] 1 user Likes Trik's post
    Go To Post #1
(11-12-2018, 02:19 PM)Trik Wrote: I agree but also think that doors and a "carry " box on the back will change a lot of opinions.
Definitely agree. For several years, a motorcycle was my commuter vehicle. I always had a carry box so I could stop at the post office on my way home. My requirement was to be able to carry a manila folder with 8.5 X 11" paper. My point is that AM should include the tail box on the rides given to journalists. Give them something to write about. In other words, play up the U in FUV not just the F.