Why You Like The FUV
    Go To Post #1
I was all gung-ho about the tailbox, but now I'm not sure. The amount of drag it produces concerns me. I'm now thinking more towards folding down the rear seat and strapping something to the folded down part, right against the back of the driver's seat.
    Go To Post #1
(11-12-2018, 05:40 PM)AnimalCage Wrote: I was all gung-ho about the tailbox, but now I'm not sure.  The amount of drag it produces concerns me.  I'm now thinking more towards folding down the rear seat and strapping something to the folded down part, right against the back of the driver's seat.

That would certainly work for some stuff. I spent two years with a motorcycle as my ONLY source of transportation, it's really not as bad as people think but the one big pain was dry secure storage.

Do you think the doors will help with the drag?
    Go To Post #1
(11-12-2018, 06:06 PM)Trik Wrote: That would certainly work for some stuff. I spent two years with a motorcycle as my ONLY source of transportation, it's really not as bad as people think but the one big pain was dry secure storage.

Do you think the doors will help with the drag?

The doors should have a large good effect on drag. I have some experience with drag reduction on airplanes. Hiding the fiddly bits behind proper fairings is a big deal. For example, the drag coefficient of a round tube (AM's external frame) is nine times higher than the same tube inside a fairing. On the other hand, the Aptera (IMHO) went over the top on drag reduction. 
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...racar2.jpg
    Go To Post #1
[Image: D5-E6-B887-68-F4-41-D1-AB12-785861-FD7559.jpg]

I don’t think the rear seat back will fold down. The feature did’t provide enough added storage space to justify.  About the same volume of storage space on the seat and or rear passenger compartment.

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
(11-12-2018, 10:42 PM)Rickb Wrote: [Image: D5-E6-B887-68-F4-41-D1-AB12-785861-FD7559.jpg]

I don’t think the rear seat back will fold down. The feature did’t provide enough added storage space to justify.  About the same volume of storage space on the seat and or rear passenger compartment.

I am simply wondering how much drag the rear seat adds. My storage needs are minimal.
    Go To Post #1
I for one am really hoping for that fold-down seat. It would be extremely useful for my situation. But no huge loss if it doesn't materialize.
    Go To Post #1
I spent about 2 hours today removing and replacing the alternator in my car. Just getting to it was a challenge. Looking forward to owning a vehicle that doesn't have that item and a lot of others.
[+] 1 user Likes Dan21's post
    Go To Post #1
I have been looking for an option for my son with autism so he could be a little more independent but still safe. The arcimoto fills these requirements:
1. Environmentally friendly
2. Simple design, less electronics/parts
3. Off shelf parts because we do our own mechanical work
4. 2-3 people
5. Can go on a highway at 55
6. Reasonable price
7. Safer than a scooter
8. No blindspots
9. Reasonably fun
10. Easy to get in/out (sort of fits)
11. Prefer made locally - and it is right next door to my town!

For my son, this checks the boxes. He drove one in Eugene and all seemed well. Fortunately we are in no hurry so I’ve been patiently watching the process.
[+] 1 user Likes harriska2's post
    Go To Post #1
Spot on.........except for #4. max 2 people and a dog  #9. It’s the FUV not the RFUV.  My guess is after your son takes delivery of his.........you may buy one too.  ?

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Rather than a fold down rear seat, I would like an easily removable rear seat back. Leaves more storage space.
[+] 3 users Like DanCooper's post