Pre-order is one year old today
    Go To Post #1
Happy birthday to my pre-order.

About a year ago, I decided that the SRK had a good chance of getting past design and into production.  I determined that it would be reasonable for at least 70% of my regular driving in a year.  I calculated that the gas savings would offset half of the price of the vehicle over six years.  This was enough for me to pull the trigger and pre-order.

I am expecting the signature series builds to finish by the end of Q1 2018.  The pilots to finish in Q2 2018.  I am hopeful that my production FUV will arrive before the end of Q1 2019.  All looks good for now.
[+] 2 users Like shome's post
    Go To Post #1
I didn't get my reservation in until after the beginning of this year, but I still anticipate mine being ready in late 3rd-Q or 4th-Q 2019. After they get their assembly line in place and fill the supply pipeline with parts, things are going to start happening quickly. Perhaps we will all be lucky with fewer bumps and miscues in startup and things will move along even faster.
[+] 2 users Like jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
We are already lucky in that the initial IPO offering generated more funding than anticipated allowing for the BFL purchase and factory setup for production scale much earlier than expected.

[+] 3 users Like Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Happy Birthday, indeed! My August reservation was #1570, due Q1 2019. I hope to use the FUV for 90% of my driving, or almost 24,000 miles. That's about $2500 a year savings. That alone would pay off my FUV in 7 years.
[+] 1 user Likes AnimalCage's post