Trunk? With AC Vents
    Go To Post #1
AM could be using a heat pump that can run backwards for either heat or cooling of for that matter they could even be using TE cooler technology. My main concern, besides loosing trunk space is also how it will affect the range on a charge. I think that is probably my biggest concern although trunk space is right up there as well.
    Go To Post #1
I don’t want a motorcycle and don’t need another car, but can use a FUNctional autocycle ‘convertible’ to supplement our family car. Nice to have options to increase demand for this everyday electric. Even nicer $ that the base model meets your needs. The FUV will be many things to many people, but FUN for all. If I don’t have the option for a reasonably comfortable cabin environment (warm and frost free) my personal inner-range will be limited to the house. Smile

Go To Post #1
(05-12-2018, 01:41 PM)ricschug Wrote: AM could be using a heat pump that can run backwards for either heat or cooling of for that matter they could even be using TE cooler technology. My main concern, besides loosing trunk space is also how it will affect the range on a charge. I think that is probably my biggest concern although trunk space is right up there as well.

I would go for that particularly if it used CO2 as refrigerant.  Heat pumps use 2 to 3 times less energy per heat unit than straight electrical heater. 
The other option would be a small cabin heater like trucking sleeper cabins-  diesel powered. I have on in my boat and it is awesome except for the use of fossil fuel which is very minimal.
    Go To Post #1
I'm in a relatively mild climate, so A/C isn't paramount, but a heater would be fine.  Sure, it can hit triple digits in summer, but I've got a four-wheeler for the extreme stuff.  One of my favorite driving styles was to lower the plastic window on my Miata and keep the top up.  Lots of wind without the blasting sun.  I could see having a sunshield of sorts for the FUV, although it's a pretty open machine... you're gonna get some rays.  At least it's "dry" heat. LOL.
    Go To Post #1
(05-12-2018, 03:39 PM)Rickb Wrote: I don’t want a motorcycle and don’t need another car, but can use a FUNctional autocycle ‘convertible’ to supplement our family car.   Nice to have options to increase demand for this everyday electric.  Even nicer $ that the base model meets your needs.  The FUV will be many things to many people, but FUN for all. If I don’t have the option for a reasonably comfortable cabin environment (warm and frost free) my personal inner-range will be limited to the house. Smile

I think A/C and heat are a must have offering for production as some folks will require it. Others, like myself, will want to look at all the trade offs, trunk, mileage, etc to decide. Having ridden a bike all my life I would not see it as a necessary requirement although I will admit that on a very hot day our Goldwing does get a bit much in traffic.

Since the A/C is going on that 'hot' light blue FUV I hope AM puts doors on it too. I suspect that will be the largest selling configuration by far.