Doors!
    Go To Post #1
Yeah, it seems they could do something like the 1970s jeeps - hard bottom half, with plastic tops that "clip" shut on the top half.
    Go To Post #1
(06-04-2021, 03:06 AM)PAX Wrote: I have received a message that the engineers have given up on full doors. Not surprising to me as when we had a Signature series I did a mock up on doors and the rear doors were not working at all due to hinge configuration. Half doors are in production in July.

Hmmm, that’s unfortunate. I was hoping to make some sort of uppers to at least protect the seatbelts a bit in pouring down rain. I’m not expecting to stay completely dry, just hoping to avoid getting soaked.
    Go To Post #1
During the latest investor call, Mark did say that their DOE loan application *DID* depend on having a "fully enclosed" vehicle, so they *ARE* working on full doors now.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
The configuration has been saying:  "The West Coast half doors are in the final stage of development and are currently back-ordered."  Any idea how long the final stage will take?  My wife is more hesitant to out with me due to our recent "soaking event," are are unfortunately very frequent here in Florida.
    Go To Post #1
I wonder why they didn’t like the full doors in the picture
[Image: E3-B840-EE-2045-4-F35-A368-510977-CE3-BA1.jpg]
    Go To Post #1
I'd be fine with those.
[+] 1 user Likes CharonPDX's post
    Go To Post #1
Has anyone had any door fabricated?
I've looked at several fabricators for ATV's and will be contacting them.
It's in the 40's in MD and I guess I won't be FUVing again until March unless I find doors.
    Go To Post #1
I have not yet but please keep us/me posted. I will look into mechanical designs when I am back in MD in Jan.
    Go To Post #1
I commuted in the high 20s to 30s Winter '19-'20. Only cold+rain+wind or icy roads had me driving a different vehicle. (With half-doors.) The heated seats and handlebar grips were enough with a warmish jacket, gloves, and hat. In the most frigid (below freezing) days, I'd add a scarf.

[Image: IMG-5954.jpg]

Have been working from home since COVID started, so not much driving the past couple Winters.

That said, now that I have my hard half-doors, I have been considering adding "soft" uppers to them, like shown a few comments up.