New enclosure render!
    Go To Post #1
Living on the Oregon Coast, we frequently get horizontal rain. Some sort of enclosure will be a must if I am going to be able to drive my FUV as much as I would like. My preferred version would be one front door on one side and one rear door on the opposite side. (You don't need four doors on a two passenger vehicle)

It might be really cool if the front door was a suicide door while the rear door would be conventional. Both mounted in the center (on opposite sides). That way they could share the same mirrored hinging mechanism perhaps simplifying things. You could make each door larger for easier access since you wouldn't need to fit two doors on the same side.

It would look really cool from above when both doors are opened. Also, since it might be difficult to incorporate an opening window on the two doors, having a ridged panel opposite each door might make it easier to have an opening section.

My 2 cents
    Go To Post #1
I happened across this website with some current beta styling changes.
http://collinlafayette.squarespace.com/a...w5n1qsi5y2

I’m uncertain if these are old or new enclosure renders, but they do look sweet. Particularly the ‘Touring Package’ option.  Also, note the cool green Touring FUV.

[Image: D6_F024_DB_9_C45_4883_A0_B1_57494_BDA9939.jpg]

Also, like this front grill panel and wondered if it’s what we may see on the production model.

[Image: 1_F9_DA94_E_A2_FE_484_F_9_E58_BB7_BD8_B79_C17.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
    Go To Post #1
Cool FUV images on that website:

[Image: 4684_BB92_686_A_4266_B62_F_51_C0_CA38_B9_E3.png]

Go To Post #1
(09-15-2018, 09:57 PM)Rickb Wrote: Cool FUV images on that website:

[Image: 4684_BB92_686_A_4266_B62_F_51_C0_CA38_B9_E3.png]

Its been raining here in Olympia, nothing compared to Florence but still some rain. At the moment I will accept any door set up. It is a bit of an issue to have a wet seat to plop on. Rain is not much of an issue while moving - at least in front seat. Back seat  may be an issue but my wife is gone for ten days and i get the SS FUV to myself. Wink 

Three wheel Motorcycle endorsement test on Tues. - should be easy with the awesome attributes of the arcimoto.  I videoed the test for filthy gas powered three wheelers last month and have a good idea of what to expect. It starts with a three cone zig zag and then a left hand 90' curve and normal stop inside a box, Followed with a right hand 90' curve  Then an obstacle swerve and then a panic stop.   Set up a practice course the other day and will do it again tomorrow, Biggest problem will be to take it easy and not blast through the course like the FUV can. Damn thing is fast and agile and brakes on a dime. If I pass it I get to spend a couple of hours at licensing to get my endorsed driver license.
    Go To Post #1
Cool find Rick! I think from context (and the fact that I've seen two of the renders before) that everything above the bodywork section is a couple years old. But there's some pretty awesome stuff there nonetheless! Love those top images.
    Go To Post #1
Pax, thanks for the update on rain and your FUV. Its great to hear real world experiences with the FUV. If others really like hearing from actual FUV owners on their driving comments perhaps we should start a new thread for this?
    Go To Post #1
(09-16-2018, 04:31 PM)ricschug Wrote: Pax, thanks for the update on rain and your FUV. Its great to hear real world experiences with the FUV. If others really like hearing from actual FUV owners on their driving comments perhaps we should start a new thread for this?
There is the Signature Series Thread which I believe serves that purpose.

Go To Post #1
(04-10-2018, 08:47 PM)CreativeGuy Wrote: Living on the Oregon Coast, we frequently get horizontal rain.  Some sort of enclosure will be a must if I am going to be able to drive my FUV as much as I would like. My preferred version would be one front door on one side and one rear door on the opposite side.  (You don't need four doors on a two passenger vehicle)  

It might be really cool if the front door was a suicide door while the rear door would be conventional.  Both mounted in the center (on opposite sides).  That way they could share the same mirrored hinging mechanism perhaps simplifying  things.  You could make each door larger for easier access since you wouldn't need to fit two doors on the same side.

It would look really cool from above when both doors are opened.  Also, since it might be difficult to incorporate an opening window on the two doors, having a ridged panel opposite each door might make it easier to have an opening section.

My 2 cents
Something tells me it’s the engineered hinging mechanism attached to the frame that allows one to conveniently attach/detach the enclosure panel doors - - - so they will open.  Ingress/egress from both sides works for me simply from a convenience and safety standpoint in case I roll my FUV on it’s side.  The render above shows door handles on both sides of the vehicle and it’s likely more efficient from a parts and production standpoint they be the same.