Quiet on the FUV Forum
    Go To Post #1
(07-07-2018, 08:27 PM)Rickb Wrote:
The good news is that the hinging mechanism was used to attach the quarter panel soft shell doors on the Signature Series.  The Softshell/Hardshell doors can easily be molded to fit any opening.  The most difficult design and engineering challenge for ease of attaching/detaching the hard or soft shell enclosure options was that hinging mechanism.

That is correct. My SS has the door hinges and latching system on it. In fact I am pretty sure that the 1/4 doors are really to give the hinges and latch units something to do until the doors are done. I would guess that the opening window is the tricky part to door design.
[+] 3 users Like PAX's post
    Go To Post #1
Whatever the final design/engineering of the hardshell enclosure/window option, it has to be extremely lightweight and easy to handle for convenient attach/detach.

Go To Post #1
I know I want doors but no idea if they should be the hard of soft version. By now the basic designs must be complete and being debugged and finalized. It would be great if someone from AM could take about 10 mins and provide some initial info.
    Go To Post #1
Hey Dale, Sorry to hear that your three wheeler sites are shutting down. They were welcoming, fun, informative, and well managed. Some good on-line friendships made as a result. I hope we continue to cross paths on Facebook and share some experiences after our Charter Club FUV Chapters or SOLOW Chapters are formed. Better yet a meet up at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in 2020. Smile Have a good one my friend!

Best,
Rick

Go To Post #1
The FUV forum isn't going anywhere. Stay tuned for details. Big Grin
[+] 6 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-15-2018, 06:04 PM)Kepesk Wrote: The FUV forum isn't going anywhere.  Stay tuned for details.  Big Grin

Glad to hear that you have taken over! Cool

Yeah, it's going to be quiet on here for a while until Arcimoto starts placing these in the hands of buyers on a regular basis.  When lots of people have one in their garage, then they are going to look for online groups to share their own experiences.  We only have two owners in our group at this time.  It's a little bit unfair to expect them to keep our need for new pictures, videos and experiences fulfilled all by themselves. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes jimball's post
    Go To Post #1
I anticipate this forum is going to be a great resource for people to exchange maintenance tips, towing solutions, custom mods, cargo tricks, and all sorts of things when the A-Team gets to production. I couldn't just let it go before it even gets that far. Big Grin
[+] 5 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
(07-20-2018, 02:01 PM)Kepesk Wrote: I anticipate this forum is going to be a great resource for people to exchange maintenance tips, towing solutions, custom mods, cargo tricks, and all sorts of things when the A-Team gets to production.  I couldn't just let it go before it even gets that far. Big Grin

What's the chance of getting Arcimoto to provide a link from their website & FB page?
    Go To Post #1
I too am glad to see the site will remain up.
    Go To Post #1
I'm guessing a link from the official website is not likely, and I'm fine with that.

People will find this place pretty easily on Google and I wouldn't want to barge in on the A-Team's fancy marketing with this unofficial website.