About time I said "Hi"
    Go To Post #1
Good morning all - Been lurking around here for about 3 months, and figured it was about time I said "Hi" to the community.  I'm guessing I am like a lot of you, originally heard about and was all for adding an Elio as my daily commuting vehicle, but I could just never justify putting money down on something that seemed so vapor-ware-ish, especially after seeing little to no progress for months on end (and that was before I even saw any of their public financials).  Inadvertently found Arcimoto only within the past 8 months, and, while way down the reservation list (#2509), the progress they have made in the little time I have known about it, and the optimistic community, was enough to convince me that this will end up in my garage sooner rather than later.  Plus, it also just looks more fun than the alternatives - although, if Arcimoto wanted to visit the Pittsburgh area at some point so I could test this theory, I'm all for it! Wink
    Go To Post #1
Welcome GuppieXX.  I started following Arcimoto and Elio back in 2007-08 and had reservation deposits on both.  Elio refunded 2-3 years ago. Two different companies, two different business models:  Arcimoto - to develop and deliver on their visionary everyday electric FUV.  EM (Elio Marketing) - to develop and deliver on their visionary $6800 Elio marketing campaign.  Both wildly successful in their efforts.

Go To Post #1
(07-10-2018, 01:09 PM)GuppieXX Wrote: Good morning all - Been lurking around here for about 3 months, and figured it was about time I said "Hi" to the community.  I'm guessing I am like a lot of you, originally heard about and was all for adding an Elio as my daily commuting vehicle, but I could just never justify putting money down on something that seemed so vapor-ware-ish, especially after seeing little to no progress for months on end (and that was before I even saw any of their public financials).  Inadvertently found Arcimoto only within the past 8 months, and, while way down the reservation list (#2509), the progress they have made in the little time I have known about it, and the optimistic community, was enough to convince me that this will end up in my garage sooner rather than later.  Plus, it also just looks more fun than the alternatives - although, if Arcimoto wanted to visit the Pittsburgh area at some point so I could test this theory, I'm all for it! Wink

Welcome GuppieXX. I'm always happy to see another Steeler and Pens fan here.
I'm located about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. Make yourself at home. Post large and post often!
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.