Hello from Iowa!
    Go To Post #1
(08-12-2018, 03:38 PM)BeauS Wrote: I'd love to have an Arcimoto. Could I use it as an every day commuter on the interstate? I'd likely have at least an hour commute every day soon. Hopefully they come around here soon, I'd love to test drive it. Looking to preorder in the next couple weeks.

Consider this:  Your commute is 125 miles a day, and probably a little more.  That's a LOT of wear & tear on any vehicle, electric or ICE.  You will be shortening the useable life of the FUV by years.  The FUV was designed as an urban vehicle driven an average of 10 miles a day.  While the occasional road trip to the limits of the battery capacity will not hurt, to do so on a daily basis will just kill it far quicker than using it as it was intended.
    Go To Post #1
The Arcimoto is a functional commuter for whatever the battery range you opt for.  Do a full charge if available, at work to extend the range for your trip home if needed.  Drive the crap out of it, not much to breakdown.  The FUV component parts have 10’s of 1000’s of 24/7 bench testing hours on them. With that said, I’ll baby mine at 15+- miles per day.

It will pay for itself with the money you save on gas and maintenance.  ?