Beta Fleet Complete!
    Go To Post #1
Woohoo! Go Team Arcimoto!

I wonder who those incredibly lucky Pioneer customers are.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2...ufacturing

EUGENE, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Arcimoto, Inc.® (NASDAQ: FUV) — makers of the Fun Utility Vehicle® (FUV) — an affordable, joyful, pure electric vehicle for everyday drivers and fleets, announced that it has completed first drives of its 15-unit FUV Beta Series, and today will begin manufacturing its new 25-unit Pilot Series.

The Company expects that the Beta fleet will be used primarily as rental vehicles. Five are planned for use at an Arcimoto rental location, expected to open in the fourth quarter in Eugene, Oregon. Five are planned for use as rentals by the Company’s partner, HulaCar in San Diego. The final five FUVs have been purchased by Arcimoto Pioneers, a group of key, early pre-order customers.

The Pilot Series, now in production, marks the transition to semi-automated manufacture of all custom frame and chassis components completely in-house at the Arcimoto Manufacturing Plant. These vehicles represent the final production series of the FUV before Retail Series production begins, expected by the end of 2018.

“On-roading the Beta Series is a huge step forward for Arcimoto. Our pace of production has improved between the Signature and Beta Series, from more than a year for the ten Signatures to just over a quarter for the first drives of fifteen Betas. We expect a similar increase in pace with the Pilot Series,” said Mark Frohnmayer, President and Founder. “With each FUV we build, we learn invaluable lessons on how to refine and streamline our manufacturing process as we march toward Retail Series production, expected later this year. The starting line is in sight, and we couldn’t be more amped.”
[+] 2 users Like Kepesk's post
    Go To Post #1
Great News!! Sounds like AM is on schedule as planned. I can't wait to see the first pilot unit. I guess I should start planning our trip to Eugene for this spring.
[+] 2 users Like ricschug's post
    Go To Post #1
I hope the first Pilot reveal includes the integrated center headlight and hardshell enclosure.

Go To Post #1
I am expecting them to have the final headlights. Doors and storage are very important as well as doors. I am waiting to see both the hard and soft shell before deciding on one or the other. If this is truly pre-production I would expect to see final versions of everything throughout the builds.
    Go To Post #1
The news release stated that the Pilot Fleet is the final production series. I would expect all the necessary changes were made during the Beta Series and the final specs were locked in prior to the start of the Pilots. Specs should not change since they are using the Pilot Fleet assembly process to streamline the semi-automated assembly for production ramp. I agree that Arcimoto will likely reveal all the options on individual Pilots as they roll off the line. Also, the options should be finalized when we receive our official invitation to order as the configurator comes on line.

Go To Post #1
I'm kinda loving the funky music.

[+] 2 users Like Kepesk's post